This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RTS that are slow paced and great for singleplayer

#21KillerTrufflePosted 6/19/2014 9:26:57 AM
Conquest: Frontier Wars.

You can thank me later.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#22TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 10:13:07 AM
oddball7465 posted...
Anno series are fun.
What about the Total War series? Have you looked into it? I know its only half RTS and other half turn-based. But you get to manage your cities and politics at your own pace. Then when the battles take place, you can easily control the speed in which they go.

I have Shogun 2, Napoleon, Rome 1 and Medieval 2. Kind of want to get in to medieval 2. Game is good and all but I just don't feel like it. I don't think I have the patience for some of the sieges though I kind of really want to play the series.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#23Spidey555Posted 6/19/2014 10:20:47 AM
I wish Battle for Middle Earth 2 came to steam. That is one game I had but lost and now cannot find anywhere and it's super expensive.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#24TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 1:23:25 AM
Spidey555 posted...
I wish Battle for Middle Earth 2 came to steam. That is one game I had but lost and now cannot find anywhere and it's super expensive.

I wish I could stumble upon a copy but I highly doubt it. I might go to some of them pawnshops and see someone who accidentally sold that game. I keep hearing how epic the game is.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#25anonymous46773Posted 6/20/2014 1:58:30 AM(edited)
Battle for Middle Earth 2 will not be available anywhere via digital distribution because it was made by EA when they still had the rights to the Lord of the Rings games. They lost the rights, so they can't sell the game digitally anymore. Same with Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Deadpool by Activision, and I think Marvel vs Capcom by Capcom.The only way to acquire a copy is to purchase a used one for an obscenely high price, or pirate it. That's it.

*obligatory "I do not condone piracy" comment*
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#26MwarriorHieiPosted 6/20/2014 2:00:32 AM
the dungeon keeper games sound like something that would be right up your alley.

both games are on sale for 2.99 on gog right now. but you might want to wait to see if they put up another bullfrog bundle for their daily deals.
---
http://i.imgur.com/oBPaBAa.png