This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pull the trigger on Dead Rising 3 or wait?

#11dementedlullabyPosted 6/19/2014 9:31:15 PM(edited)
Bongbuddy posted...
The games not that great. I wouldn't even bother getting it.

I actually find the game pretty great. The combo weapons and vehicles are a lot of fun. I liked it better than DR2 but not DR1. If the PC port is any good I'd suggest trying it. But Capcom has failed me too often and as such I'd skip it until there's some actual solid info on the PC port.

I have DR2 on PC. My 360 controller worked just fine. Weird it didn't work for you Lemur. I can't remember if I had to turn it on before launching the game or change it in the settings though.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#12ArthasRebornPosted 6/20/2014 3:08:51 AM
Lemur_H posted...
Installed Dead Rising 2 today to hype myself up for 3.

I have my controller plugged in. Controller works with any other game. I'm ready to lay down and enjoy some Dead Rising 2.

Controller doesn't work. Option to enable controller in the settings is grayed out.

Googled. No fixes. Only a weird emulation workaround that isn't guaranteed to work properly anyways. Apparently both triggers won't work at the same time. The @#$%? That isn't a fix...

F****** Christ, I don't think I want Dead Rising 3 now...

Yeah, I'm way too worried about possible issues with DR3 to preorder it for that much money. Dead Rising 2 was workable, but nothing fantastic and had its share of issues for me.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#13ElDudorinoPosted 6/20/2014 3:42:56 AM
I remember spending a long time trying to get controller support working in Dead Rising 2, and it was really annoying because with each 'fix' I tried, I would have to load up the game, see if the controller option was available, and then exit the game to try the next trick. I spent a lot of time Googling but mostly found a legion of other people saying it didn't work and they didn't have any solutions.

I don't remember exactly what I had to do in the end to get it to work but I'm sure it involved using x360ce and putting the controller in Native Mode in the program.

I'm sure it didn't help that I was using a DS3 with MotionInJoy at the time. Since the game is made to ONLY work with Xbox 360 controllers, having one of those or having something that sets your controller to work as an XInput device (such as the SCP drivers) would probably make the process a lot easier.

Once I had the controller working, I don't believe I ever had any issues with the game. It's one of the few games I've played where I felt like Surround Sound does something (it actually adds an element of genuine creepiness to the game that I think is otherwise missing). The graphics settings were pretty limited but then again that's standard for a port. Game itself is enjoyable despite its flaws.
#14kingoffpsPosted 6/20/2014 3:48:39 AM
I don't see the point in ordering it now. You can probably get it for 25% off even on release day in some places.

Also you don't know how crap the port will be. Add to that the fact that you can get it pretty quickly in today's world whenever you buy it, and I don't see any point in preordering any PC games in this day and age.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#15roytecxPosted 6/20/2014 4:40:42 AM
I played the second one on PS3, thought it was quite fun coz I loved the freeform nature of the gameplay.

I've already bought the preorder, but just found out today that the game will be set to 30fps at default. There will be an option to select 60fps, but the devs warned this might cause weird effects due to the game not being optimised for it.

Yay PC Master race...
:(
---
The west = as close to realistic as possible, Japan = as far away from realistic as possible
My PSN: roytecx
#16Jules RulesPosted 6/20/2014 7:36:04 AM
roytecx posted...
I played the second one on PS3, thought it was quite fun coz I loved the freeform nature of the gameplay.

I've already bought the preorder, but just found out today that the game will be set to 30fps at default. There will be an option to select 60fps, but the devs warned this might cause weird effects due to the game not being optimised for it.

Yay PC Master race...

Well you've only got yourself to blame haven't you? But honestly the game looked fine for me in the videos I saw. There's a pinned thread on the Steam discussions for the game with HD vids running at 60fps.
---
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#17roytecxPosted 6/24/2014 7:20:03 AM
Jules Rules posted...
roytecx posted...

Yay PC Master race...

Well you've only got yourself to blame haven't you? But honestly the game looked fine for me in the videos I saw. There's a pinned thread on the Steam discussions for the game with HD vids running at 60fps.

I'm sure modders will find a way to fix it. Its certainly more than console gamers have anyway
---
The west = as close to realistic as possible, Japan = as far away from realistic as possible
My PSN: roytecx
#18sonicteam2k1Posted 6/24/2014 7:48:46 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
I'd suggest waiting as the PC port seems kind of half hearted.

well it depends who is doing the port. Qloc did the ports for DMC4, DmC, and the Street Fighter IV series and they've all been fantastic.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games