This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's your chance to support PC gaming: Dead Rising 3 pre-order on sale for $37

#21cynicwithin2000Posted 6/19/2014 12:47:54 PM
Don't you know TC, people on this board only support garbage console ports if From Software develops it. They complain about every other company, but willingly suck up any trash, half-assed port that that company vomits into their privileged laps.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS PB278Q x3 |
#22AsucaHayashiPosted 6/19/2014 12:52:14 PM
cynicwithin2000 posted...
Don't you know TC, people on this board only support garbage console ports if From Software develops it. They complain about every other company, but willingly suck up any trash, half-assed port that that company vomits into their privileged laps.

DS1 disagrees with you
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#23ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 1:00:55 PM(edited)
I still don't know what a "garbage console port" is.

The majority of my Steam library consists of games with a console version and they all play perfectly.

And I've played the PC versions of Saints Row 2 and Deadly Premonition. Those are the only two I've encountered and kind of serious bugs with. But even so they're still better than the console peasant editions of the game. They both run at native 1080p, 60 FPS, etc. for me which is a lot more than can be said for the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of those games.

I think it's just a buzz word for people whose PCs are made out of tin cans and they need someone to blame other than themselves for having a s***ty PC when the game doesn't perform as well as they'd like on their machines.

You guys have never played the original console version of any of these games have you? If you think these ports perform bad, you should try playing a console exclusive game some time.

I just finished up Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 (which is the best version of that console peasant exclusive game; basically it's the less smelly version of the two turds -- the PS3 version runs sub-720p!), and it was buggier than any PC port I've played in a loooong time. Its DLC expansion, Undead Nightmare in particular.

Not only does the game run at 720p on the consoles, it has a horrific framerate. There were points when the framerate dipped below 20 fps. When it rains the game becomes a slideshow. Every time it rained in the game I wished Rockstar had just left out weather effects because the consoles can't handle them.

And in Undead Nightmare I had a bug where all the NPC's heads would disappear happen to me a dozen times. And whenever this bug happened I couldn't manually save the game because it would freeze the game with a black screen every time I did. I had to load up my last save file to reset the game. I suspect it has something to do with the pitiful amount of RAM available to the peasant boxes.
#24PhilOnDezPosted 6/19/2014 12:56:34 PM
SpazH3d posted...
I don't believe their lies. I hope you guys enjoy your crappy console port. Unless the port is made by some guys that aren't, you know, japanese.

That's a weird thing to be racist about.

It's developed by Capcom North anyway though, a Canadian studio, just like DR1/2/OTR
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#25water1111Posted 6/19/2014 12:58:55 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
SpazH3d posted...
I don't believe their lies. I hope you guys enjoy your crappy console port. Unless the port is made by some guys that aren't, you know, japanese.

That's a weird thing to be racist about.

It's developed by Capcom North anyway though, a Canadian studio, just like DR1/2/OTR

You can't trust Canadians eh.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#26reincarnator07Posted 6/19/2014 1:01:31 PM
I'm waiting until release at least. I gain nothing from buying early but would gain the risk of a terrible port, gamebreaking bugs or a game that simply doesn't interest me.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#27kingjosh1876Posted 6/19/2014 1:02:00 PM
It has to go two ways. They will give us a half assed port that will only runs at 30 fps, so why would we buy that?
People won't buy it and Capcom will decide PC = not worthwhile.

If they were to put some effort in and make a good port and give a good impression to PC gamers I'm sure they would buy it.

Same problem with publishers not putting games on a system because not enough units have been sold, but releasing games is what would sell units.
#28Code 51 50Posted 6/19/2014 1:12:50 PM
pothocket posted...
/facepalm at the board

Complain about developers ignoring PC. Decide to show them what's what by ignoring their games.

*slow clap* yeah, wow. Good job guys.

Yeah, better to accept sloppy second-hand scraps that run like **** from a developer who doesn't give two ****s about your platform. And you WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY? No thanks, I'd rather burn it than give it to them.

Trust is EARNED through releasing quality PC games, its not begged for by throwing money at the developer in the hopes of one day getting a quality, PC support release.

Do you have any self respect? At all?
---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#29Davel23Posted 6/19/2014 1:14:36 PM
"there's no guarantee of a bug/glitch smooth experience"

"it really feels like the best version of the game"

Something doesn't add up here...
---
Your mom's box.
#30cynicwithin2000Posted 6/19/2014 1:16:27 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
cynicwithin2000 posted...

DS1 disagrees with you

Lol. Apparently playing a game with 720p resolution and with fuzzy, console textures that is so worthless that someone from the community had to fix FSs garbage is acceptable for you. It screams agreement with me.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS PB278Q x3 |