This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's your chance to support PC gaming: Dead Rising 3 pre-order on sale for $37

#31MrApplePosted 6/19/2014 2:19:33 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/522730535829776687/

Allow me to set the record straight -- while Dead Rising 3 is optimized to run at 30 frames per second for gameplay reasons, you can expect it to still run fine uncapped under most conditions provided you have a capable enough hardware. We can’t guarantee that there won’t be issues, and obviously depending on your rig you may see different results. Rest assured the beefier your gaming machine, the smoother your zombie killing experience will be. :)

Bear in mind the frame rate will fluctuate in uncapped mode in certain areas, particularly later in the game, where streets are literally filled with zombies and other complex objects. Couple that with an open world sandbox game engine, big explosions, complex physics interaction, and huge draw distance and you’re bound to experience dips here and there. Speaking from personal experience, here’s one example[mega.co.nz], a 4-minute gameplay footage, where I play-tested one of the builds in uncapped mode on an i7-4770K & GTX 780 Ti setup.
---
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, …. Believing in a sign of Zeta
#32Code 51 50Posted 6/19/2014 2:25:33 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
I still don't know what a "garbage console port" is.

No Graphics Options, No control settings or adjustments, look settings optimized for thumb stick input that don't work well with mice, no FoV adjustment option with some games locked in a narrow 55-65, incredibly low res textures bested by true PC games from 7 YEARS ago, Terrible optimization for games that look like 2006 releases but require 2012 hardware to run, ect, ect.

I could go on and on, take you're pick. I'm not sure if you're being obtuse for arguments sake or if you really are delusional about this.

Sloppy ports aren't worth your money, and only encourage this behavior. If they had wanted PC gamers money they would have made a quality PC optimized port, not this 30 FPS locked nonsense.
---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#33arleasPosted 6/19/2014 3:06:25 PM
A garbage console port is basically the exact same game as the console version, completely ignoring any possible upgrades the PC could have had, including better resolutions, better framerates, better textures, bindable controls, etc. The game could be a flawless copy of the console version and still be a garbage port, though usually it's worse than that.

Some devs care so little about PC that they just do the minimum to get the game to run on PC and then stop. Also sometimes you get inexplicable stuff like a PC game that is forced to run at 30FPS because their stupid physics engine demands it. That's lame and worthy of the title of "Garbage Console Port". Other games are so horribly optimized that you get console level graphics and sub-console level performance even if your PC is much better in terms of the hardware.

It's almost like some of them do it on purpose.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#34ghost140Posted 6/19/2014 3:08:01 PM
I might be interested in it if it came with all the DLC but since it doesn't ill wait for the inevitable bundle version.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
#35pothocketPosted 6/19/2014 3:21:29 PM
Code 51 50 posted...
pothocket posted...
/facepalm at the board

Complain about developers ignoring PC. Decide to show them what's what by ignoring their games.

*slow clap* yeah, wow. Good job guys.

Yeah, better to accept sloppy second-hand scraps that run like **** from a developer who doesn't give two ****s about your platform. And you WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY? No thanks, I'd rather burn it than give it to them.

Trust is EARNED through releasing quality PC games, its not begged for by throwing money at the developer in the hopes of one day getting a quality, PC support release.

Do you have any self respect? At all?

LOL, get off your high-horse. And please give me your money instead of burning it. I'll buy games with it and put it to use if you're not going to.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#36anonymous46773Posted 6/19/2014 3:22:46 PM
I still have trouble running Dead Rising 2 on a fairly frequent basis. I'll wait for a port report.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#37ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 4:33:53 PM
arleas posted...
A garbage console port is basically the exact same game as the console version, completely ignoring any possible upgrades the PC could have had, including better resolutions, better framerates, better textures, bindable controls, etc. The game could be a flawless copy of the console version and still be a garbage port, though usually it's worse than that.

Well then it's a good thing that this game doesn't fit any of those things then now does it? Guess it must be a damn fine port. Dead Rising 3 has 1080p+ res, 60+ FPS framerate, better textures, bindable controls, etc. What more do you want?

Even all these 'garbage ports' people always whine about let you have better resolutions and framerates than the console pezzy originals.

Saints Row 2, Deadly Premonition, and Dark Souls can all run at 1080p 60 FPS.

Some devs care so little about PC that they just do the minimum to get the game to run on PC and then stop. Also sometimes you get inexplicable stuff like a PC game that is forced to run at 30FPS because their stupid physics engine demands it. That's lame and worthy of the title of "Garbage Console Port". Other games are so horribly optimized that you get console level graphics and sub-console level performance even if your PC is much better in terms of the hardware.

It's almost like some of them do it on purpose.

There are native PC games that are capped at 30 FPS. Spore is a PC exclusive and is hardlocked to 30 FPS and you cannot change it.
#38ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 4:35:24 PM(edited)
anonymous46773 posted...
I still have trouble running Dead Rising 2 on a fairly frequent basis. I'll wait for a port report.

Get a better PC.

I beat it a year ago playing @ 1080p. Never did the framerate dip below 60 FPS. I even had super-sampling and SweetFX on.

Don't whine about a game being a "poor port" when your PC is a potato. Your PC is a "garbage port."
#39Majoras_pantsPosted 6/19/2014 4:35:59 PM
Why is buying some console port "supporting PC gaming"? Who cares about Dead Rising 3?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#40r7gerrabbitPosted 6/19/2014 4:38:47 PM(edited)
I don't pre-order.
Been burned too many times and I've learned my lesson. Games NEVER turn out as advertised, and it's better to get input from the gaming community after it's been released. Especially for console ports.
---
Sig.