This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is DMC worth 12.50?

#11TimePharaohPosted 6/19/2014 8:53:33 PM(edited)
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Charlemagne08 posted...
one of a few games that I actually finished. It is worth it.

This. People are just mad that they changed Dante and can't get over their hurt butt. I played it over a weekend, kept going back until I was done.

Yea im sure people don't care that the mechanics are also dumbed down and casualized.

Notice how its always casual fans at best who make statements like that? Hmmm....
#12LoshadtPosted 6/19/2014 9:09:31 PM(edited)
At 12.50? No way in hell, and I would advise not listening to the people who say otherwise, it's a shallow game with little difficulty, and increasing the difficulty only makes the game more tedious and unfun. Despite the combat being shallow and uninteresting, it's still the best part by a mile, which is exaclty why it only makes up a good 30% of the game with unskippable cutscenes, travelling, and platforming making up the large majority
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#13AirTeasePosted 6/19/2014 9:12:46 PM
Yeah it's a fun game. It's a casual game sure but I had fun and would say it was even worth it at full price.

Looks like some of you here have sticks stuck far up your rectums because of this game. Calm down.
#14SoraikuPosted 6/19/2014 9:29:18 PM
The cheapness in this thread is astounding. Big budget game is only worth 8 bucks tops because you could only get 15 hours out of it. Such wow.

It's a miracle PC gaming even still exists.
#15RosencroitzPosted 6/19/2014 9:32:30 PM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Charlemagne08 posted...
one of a few games that I actually finished. It is worth it.

This. People are just mad that they changed Dante and can't get over their hurt butt. I played it over a weekend, kept going back until I was done.

I honestly love posts like this; they really shows how incredibly brain-dead people are.

Soraiku posted...
The cheapness in this thread is astounding. Big budget game is only worth 8 bucks tops because you could only get 15 hours out of it. Such wow.

It's "only worth $8 bucks tops" because it's a ****ing awful game; the length has nothing to do with that.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#16TimePharaohPosted 6/19/2014 9:32:54 PM
Soraiku posted...

10/10 for solid derp logic. You should pay full price for a mediocre game you can borishly plow through for a while because it cost them a lot of money

Shouldn't you be buying some capcom costume packs
#17AsellusPosted 6/19/2014 9:36:30 PM
The fighting system's nowhere near as good as 3's, let alone 4's. I wouldn't call it a bad game by any means, there's certainly fun to be had with it, but it's definitely dumbed down. There's a number of lousy design decisions too, the 30 fps lock the game had on consoles isn't here but the low enemy counts certainly carried over and it doesn't help that most of them are pretty unagressive, have hugely-telegraphed attacks, and to top it off the game introduced a horrible 'color-coded enemy' mechanic wherin certain enemies can only be damaged by attacks from certain weapons. It's a bad mechanic for any game like this since it limits you choices in general but it's also doubly bad in practice for the angel-weapon requiring enemies since the angel weapons do crappy damage and you can wind up just wailing on blue enemies non-stop for a good twenty to thirty seconds in order to whittle away their health.

Aside from that the story is absolute trash without even the campy charm of the old games.

Still though, just as a hack and slash it's not a bad game. If you have to choose just one or the other you should definitely get Metal Gear Rising but if you've got the extra $10 to spare you'll almost certainly get some enjoyment out of this.
#18cynicwithin2000Posted 6/19/2014 10:59:01 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
It's shallow, easy, dumbed down, and slow.

Buy Metal Gear Rising if you want an action game.

So, you complain about a game being easy and shallow, then recommend a game that is even worse plus has some of worst voice acting imaginable. lol. ok.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS PB278Q x3 |
#19Love_Me_SexyPosted 6/20/2014 4:24:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20KURRUPTORPosted 6/20/2014 4:38:47 AM
If you like hack n slash games it's pretty solid, I enjoyed two play through's of the game. I played the crap out of the original DMC back in the day and played through DMC3 a couple times. Not sure why people are saying that this game is shallow or whatever. Combat seemed just as fun/diverse as the other ones imo.

I think a lot of people were upset about the new dante but honestly this games dante/story is just as cheesy as the original DMC game was... it's like everyone forgot how childish/cocky dante acted in the first game. This dante is like the exact same but with different hair color.

Also it's a very good PC port, i think that alone deserves some PC gamer support.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.