This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Naruto game on the flash sale worth it?

#11AirTeasePosted 6/19/2014 10:15:22 PM
I heard it was locked at 30 fps which makes me uneasy. Still might pick it up though it looks fun.
#12AllGodsDiePosted 6/19/2014 10:42:27 PM
It is an incredibly simplistic fighting game and lacks depth, balance, and the competitiveness of more serious fighters . That being said, it is pretty fun. Good game for blowing off some steam and relaxing.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#13anonymous46773Posted 6/19/2014 10:55:56 PM
It's actually pretty great. Though I wouldn't recommend picking it up for the multiplayer. Still plenty of stuff to do in the single player, and the story is pretty engaging. Lots of long cutscenes (like cut you off in the middle of a boss fight to show you a 71 minute cutscene long) but thankfully every one of them are skippable. With Full Burst you get like 100 extra mini-missions with interesting modifiers like not being able to see health and substitution gauges, not being able to jump, etc. The game's locked at 30 FPS, but it's still functional, and at 75% off I'd recommend it if you have any interest in it at all. Even if you don't like Naruto, the combat system is fluid and easy to get into.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#14SS4RickyPosted 6/19/2014 11:12:20 PM
Love these games, all the memorable fight scenes in the manga they really make shine in the game. Everything is very over the top and grand scale, i've honestly stopped watching the anime cause of terrible filler and slow dragged out episodes and fight scenes, the games definitely do the series justice.

Now if you don't read/watch/follow Naruto...well it's a pretty fun fighter with tons of eye candy supers and some story that you might get interested in.
---
i7-3770k@3.8 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
#15Demon_Hunter94(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 11:19:52 PM
Well I ended up grabbing it. I've only played through the prologue but it seems pretty good. I need to find a way to stop this screen tearing though.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
#16anonymous46773Posted 6/20/2014 12:15:24 AM
Demon_Hunter94 posted...
Well I ended up grabbing it. I've only played through the prologue but it seems pretty good. I need to find a way to stop this screen tearing though.

There is an external options menu when you start the game that lets you enable V-Sync. It doesn't get rid of all of it, but it does a decent job from my experience.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.