This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What have you bought from the Steam Summer Sale so far?

#61somebody336Posted 6/20/2014 6:50:12 AM
Too much. I need help @_@
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#62onetimez1Posted 6/20/2014 6:55:01 AM
The Witcher 2
Xcom and the Bureau
Euro Truck Simulator 2 and going east
#63SilentByNaturePosted 6/20/2014 7:57:20 AM
Skyrim Legendary Edition.

That's it so far. I'm thinking of buying Fallout 3 and New Vegas (both vanilla editions). I'm kind of wishing I would have bought vanilla skyrim. I wasn't ready to have the DLC stuff thrown at me at the beginning of the game. I really wish they would have given an option to enable the DLC at a later time if you wanted.
#64SoulreaperX112Posted 6/20/2014 8:28:38 AM
SilentByNature posted...

That's it so far. I'm thinking of buying Fallout 3 and New Vegas (both vanilla editions). I'm kind of wishing I would have bought vanilla skyrim. I wasn't ready to have the DLC stuff thrown at me at the beginning of the game. I really wish they would have given an option to enable the DLC at a later time if you wanted.

If you right click the game in the steam game library and head over to properties, you can disable the dlc in the dlc tab. The update that added this was released about a month ago I think.
#65M4nnimalPosted 6/20/2014 8:31:37 AM
Mirror's Edge
Octodad

I'm still looking to pick up Fallout 3 GOTY and Dawnguard (I have them both for 360, but I've moved over to PC somewhat recently). Maybe KotOR, as well.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#66LvthnPosted 6/20/2014 9:37:48 AM
SilentByNature posted...

Mod the parts that annoy you. Vampire attacks a problem? Various ways of toning them down, causing villagers to flee, making villagers essential (cannot die), or halting the attacks altogether.

If the cultists are really a problem, just turn difficulty down to novice when they show up, then back to desired level after. There's no shame in this, especially if you're playing vanilla - there are a good number of absurdly badly scaled encounters.

That's the only reason I can think the DLC would be a problem early game? I don't think you can enable it mid-save so it's in or it's out. Fortunately you are on the platform where if there's a problem, there's a fix. Nobody is satisfied with the vanilla experience, so do what it takes to make it a playable game for you. Believe me, that alone is a task.
#67DZ0D2Posted 6/20/2014 9:38:56 AM
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Mount and Blade: Warband and the Napoleonic Wars DLC

I'm mostly looking for Dark Souls 2 to go on sale, so I'm just biding my time until then.
---
i5-3570k, Asus P8Z77-V LE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB, EVGA 760 FTW 4GB, Cooler Master GX 650w PSU, Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
#68DrunkenWhalePosted 6/20/2014 7:54:46 PM
The Witcher 1 + 2
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
Game of Thrones
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

SilentByNature posted...

You could simply disable the DLC, or utilize a mod ("Timing is Everything") that allows you to choose what DLC storylines start while still being able to use the content from said DLCs. it's what I use... Maybe I don't WANT to be recognized for my efforts and build a house when I've only cleared one dungeon no one could tell I was in - just because it starts at level 9?
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#69AirTeasePosted 6/20/2014 7:59:06 PM
More than I expected.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Don't Starve
State of Decay
The Walking Dead S2
Monaco 4 pack
Dynasty Warriors 8

2 days in and I already feel like I've spent too much....BUT DEM GAMES THO!
#70arstosPosted 6/20/2014 9:16:48 PM
Wrack $10
Doctor who adventure games $13
Oniken $4
Risk of rain $3

Was looking at my wish list and saw they were on sale so I figured I might as well grab them. Probably all im gonna grab this steam sale, I'm pretty broke and my backlog is big enough already. If the star wars franchise goes on sale though I might grab that, missed it last time
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian