This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How under use is your current rig?

#1castrejon04Posted 6/19/2014 8:02:19 PM
Mine is a 3570k OC at 4.2 Ghz with an Asrock Extreme 6 motherboard, and a R9 270. I have a Samsung 840 pro SSD equipped with 4 TB of internal storage with a BD burner and other expensive stuff.

My rig is so under use. I've spent most of the time browsing the internet. I rarely do any PC gaming at all. I mostly use the hardware for Dolphin instead, and I still don't play that much on it. I spent more time on 2D gaming or emulation that doesn't need all this power at all. I also spent most of the time watching DVDs, anime and cartoons. I rarely use it for work like Photoshop and web design.

So yeah, it's almost like I don't need it all, but it's better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#2dlfPosted 6/19/2014 8:12:33 PM
Somewhat similar, spend more time browsing the net then playing games.
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg - Minus a few parts (monitor @ moment)
Screw trying to record video (on PC).
#3BogePosted 6/19/2014 8:15:24 PM
Mine is underused during the week. I mostly browse the internet and play dinky games.

On the weekends, I get together with friends and play whatever though. It's used then.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#4Love_Me_SexyPosted 6/19/2014 8:22:02 PM
I haven't played a game in a couple months. My PC is currently being used for music and internet.

Luckily that six-core was cheap so I don't really care.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#5VIP86Posted 6/19/2014 9:45:06 PM
I currently only play Terraria for a couple hours a day. Other than that, browsing around and watching movies.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H100i| CORSAIR AX750
#6TwindragonfangPosted 6/19/2014 10:05:39 PM
My computer is a heavy use computer. I pretty much use it for everything except food and sex.
I game on it everyday from old school SNES emulation to loading up Metro Last Last or more recently, Dark Souls 2 and South Park: The Stick of Truth.
When I'm done gaming for the day i chill out and watch TV or movies on it, or do some writing, and browse the net.
#7ArkonBladePosted 6/19/2014 10:09:06 PM
my gaming time has been cut over half now that its summer and there is more to do.

Once it starts getting cold again I will be getting back on it more.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#8SS4RickyPosted 6/19/2014 11:16:26 PM
haha under use huh? I'd like to think this happens to most PC gamers a year after they build their rig. Impressed by next gen graphics, then at a loss at what else to do. I've been playing a lot of Transistor and i just beat Bioshock Infiite, plus a friend of mine got Sanctum 2 and we've been having a blast with that game so far. Before then it was just web browsing and me playing a ton of Bravely Default. D:
---
i7-3770k@3.8 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
#9TehPwnzererPosted 6/19/2014 11:27:54 PM
castrejon04 posted...
So yeah, it's almost like I don't need it all, but it's better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.

Under most circumstances, this is usually the train of thought I live by, but when it comes to computers you couldn't be further from the truth. By the time you "need it", your technology will be out of date and you will have wasted hundreds of dollars when you could have gotten the same experience with a chromebook.
#10maybecallsPosted 6/20/2014 1:12:25 AM
i5-2500
GTX 460 1GB
8GB

The most demanding game I play regularly is Warband. I have tried more demanding games (such as Far Cry 3, Skyrim etc.), but I can't be bothered with them any more.

I built this PC nearly three years ago. Probably could have gotten away with an i3 CPU. Never know, though, the i5's extra oomph might come in handy yet. No plans to upgrade the GPU, which I had expected to have long since swapped out.