This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Farcry collection worth it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Farcry collection worth it?
1 year ago#1
I already own Farcry 3 and so far, it is fun. Is it worth picking up the rest including Farcry 3 DLC since they are all 75% off?
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878
1 year ago#2
Far Cry 1 is a bit outdated, Far Cry 2 had a lot of issues (screw malaria), Far Cry 3 was great, but you already own that one. I'd say just get Blood Dragon and you'll be set. No idea on the Deluxe Bundle DLC though.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
1 year ago#3
Sounds good. Thanks
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878
1 year ago#4
Not a problem.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
1 year ago#5
BD is the only one id say would be worth it to you(provided you can dig the cheesy 80's thing its going for). as said 1 hasnt aged as well and 2 is way too hit and miss to say if youll like it or not.
---
Currently playing: Wolfenstein TNO - Transistor - Dishonored
1 year ago#6
Dark_Spiret posted...
BD is the only one id say would be worth it to you(provided you can dig the cheesy 80's thing its going for). as said 1 hasnt aged as well and 2 is way too hit and miss to say if youll like it or not.

I agree with all of this. I personally liked Far Cry 2 the best of the bunch; many of the things people hate, I tend to like. For instance the fact that things can go completely FUBAR for reasons beyond your control, eg malaria. That feeling of frustration and powerlessness feeds into the overall narrative of the game, but pisses off a lot of people who feel that they need to be in control of everything all of the time. If you think you have the patience for "not now, god damnit!", then it's probably worth a try. But it's not the amusement park that FC3 is nor is it the Michael Bay-esque action of the first game by any stretch of the imagination.

Blood Dragon is all sorts of unambiguous awesome, though.
1 year ago#7
Far Cry 2 becomes much better if you use a trainer to make your vehicles invincible so you can blow past roadblocks, stop your guns from degrading and give you diamonds.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
1 year ago#8
Far Cry 1 was good in its day, but hasn't aged well. I'd say just get Blood Dragon and ignore the rest.
---
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
1 year ago#9
Blood Dragon is amazing
---
PSN: jackrabbit1819 Steam: raiden1819
1 year ago#10
Ignore Far Cry 2. If you feel like going old school with aimbot enemies, then get Far Cry 1. It isn't without its merit. But you won't be missing one of gaming history's ultimate masterpieces if you skip it.

Blood Dragon is absolutely worth playing also.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Farcry collection worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived