This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting a new PC. Thoughts on this one?

#1Binba442Posted 6/20/2014 8:45:16 AM
I've made similar topics, but now, I've finalized what I'm looking for.

First off, UK, £550 = $935
"Build a pc"
No, I can't, I'm not in the situation to build one right now, and I can't get a local store to build one better than the price on this one.

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW-b-Destroyer-GTX-750-Ti-94p1999.htm

The thing I'm sure on changing is the harddrive, it's 10$ to up it to 1tb.

I'm looking to run modern games at 60fps, stuff like TitanFall, maybe hardline (to suggest a few), but I don't want to ultra-hyper Max Shadows of Mordor or anything.

Would this be passable? It's customizable,

Intel Core i5 4460
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
8GB DDR3 1333mhz (1x8GB)
500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s -> 1TB HDD
22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Corsair Carbide Spec-01
500W PSU

Any suggestions on what I should do, should I up the GPU? The CPU? Or change the motherboard? Is it Futureproof to a degree? And has anyone else used Dino PC in the past?

Thanks again, this'll be my last topic on looking for a PC.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#2TimePharaohPosted 6/20/2014 8:47:47 AM(edited)
If you're not "in the situation" where you can plug a handful of metal pieces together, I doubt you're capable of actually using one either. Go buy a book instead
#3SampsonMPosted 6/20/2014 8:50:01 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
If you're not "in the situation" where you can plug a handful of metal pieces together, I doubt you're capable of actually using one either. Go buy a book instead

---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#42Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 6/20/2014 8:50:48 AM
It would play the games fine
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#5DC07301981Posted 6/20/2014 9:10:11 AM
Aren't the new Intel processors coming out soon? I would wait until they release before building/buying a PC.

I have a new build planned for the end of the year and am waiting and saving for the new hardware to come out.
#6phy2jshPosted 6/20/2014 9:25:22 AM
What is your budget? £550 is only enough to get a mediocre PC. That said, the one you've linked to seems to be fairly good value for the money. But, if you want something 'future proof' you'll need to spend more on the CPU and GPU.

Also, I would have avoided stating the conversion to USD. The pound is strong at the moment, and components are expensive in the UK. You may get people from the US saying the PC is bad value, but the above needs to be a consideration.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7Fargoth272Posted 6/20/2014 9:30:28 AM
SampsonM posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

---
8s7dfz32xc0v62x0
#8Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 10:14:51 AM
phy2jsh posted...
What is your budget? £550 is only enough to get a mediocre PC. That said, the one you've linked to seems to be fairly good value for the money. But, if you want something 'future proof' you'll need to spend more on the CPU and GPU.

Also, I would have avoided stating the conversion to USD. The pound is strong at the moment, and components are expensive in the UK. You may get people from the US saying the PC is bad value, but the above needs to be a consideration.

What do you mean by future proof? How long can I get this to last for?
And what do you suggest I get the GPU/CPU to? The best GPU I can get is the 660.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#9phy2jshPosted 6/20/2014 10:30:40 AM
Binba442 posted...
phy2jsh posted...

And what do you suggest I get the GPU/CPU to? The best GPU I can get is the 660.

Tbh, future proof is a pretty meaningless phrase, hence the inverted commas in my previous post. My advice would be state the max you are willing to spend, and let people give suggestions on that basis.
I'm not sure, btw, but I wouldn't expect the 660 to be much better than the 750ti, if at all.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#10Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 10:38:17 AM
phy2jsh posted...
Binba442 posted...
phy2jsh posted...

Tbh, future proof is a pretty meaningless phrase, hence the inverted commas in my previous post. My advice would be state the max you are willing to spend, and let people give suggestions on that basis.
I'm not sure, btw, but I wouldn't expect the 660 to be much better than the 750ti, if at all.

Ok, I guess I'll stick with that.

Processor wise, the best I can go for is a i5-4690, but that's for 20£ extra, and probably has a minimal performance increase. But I must ask again, can this run fairly recent games like Titanfall at 60FPS max settings? Or would I have to drop to medium?
---