This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The "color team competition" on Steam is utter BS

#31handsomeboy2012Posted 6/21/2014 5:28:44 AM
shrooboid313 posted...
Well, if you don't craft any of the badges, like me, it doesn't make any difference who wins or not.

Plus I'm sure those people who win the 3 games from their wishlist have poured a ton of money into buying those cards just so they can get a chance at those games.

You only have to contribute 1 point and already have an equal chance of winning 3 games. I never spent money on cards and just craft one badge when my team has a winning chance, wouldn't bother otherwise
#32GreenMage7Posted 6/21/2014 5:30:41 AM
SteelWingKnight posted...
Its just for fun.

And its entirely possible to *profit* from this card/badge deal without spending a single dollar.

Sell cards, buy other cards, craft badges to get more cards, sell the summer adventure cards, profit.

You can get *free* cards to sell just by voting in the polls.

It's not just for fun. It's a plan by Valve to make a bunch of money. Look at the prices on the steal points items. Good for Valve for continuing to find creative ways to make money off people. I'm not being sarcastic either. They are basically geniuses.
#33snesmaster40Posted 6/21/2014 5:33:42 AM
handsomeboy2012 posted...
shrooboid313 posted...
Well, if you don't craft any of the badges, like me, it doesn't make any difference who wins or not.

Plus I'm sure those people who win the 3 games from their wishlist have poured a ton of money into buying those cards just so they can get a chance at those games.

You only have to contribute 1 point and already have an equal chance of winning 3 games. I never spent money on cards and just craft one badge when my team has a winning chance, wouldn't bother otherwise

I thought it said that the people who contributed the most points would win?
---
Are we not men?
#34inflimPosted 6/21/2014 5:40:38 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
handsomeboy2012 posted...
shrooboid313 posted...

I thought it said that the people who contributed the most points would win?

"Each day the team with the most points wins. 30 members of that team who contributed points that day will win the top 3 games off their Wishlist"

Taken from the how it works page
---
3DS Friend Code = 3394 - 3533 - 9687
Friend Safari = Ledyba, Beautifly, Pinsir. #TeamWacky
#35DiehardFFv2Posted 6/21/2014 5:43:35 AM
It does. It's the 30 top contributors on the winning team.
---
3570k | Intel HD 4000 | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
#36SteelWingKnightPosted 6/21/2014 5:50:28 AM(edited)
GreenMage7 posted...

It's not just for fun. It's a plan by Valve to make a bunch of money. Look at the prices on the steal points items. Good for Valve for continuing to find creative ways to make money off people. I'm not being sarcastic either. They are basically geniuses.

Thats true, easy money by Valve.

But for people like me, it *is* just for fun with a little bit of profit too.

I have money in my steam wallet left over from selling cards I got from voting in previous sales.

I use that money to buy game cards, craft badges, then sell the summer cards I get from crafting the badges.

Im getting badges and $ in my steam wallet essentially for free.

Without having to have spent and real $ to start with.

Of course Valve gets money from every transaction.

But I guess where it all started is that someone was willing to pay me $ for a virtual trading card I obtained by merely making a few clicks. Heh...
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR (still), Pokemon X
#37Killah PriestPosted 6/21/2014 6:25:23 AM
Steam definitely is at printing money status with these cards and digital items.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#38r7gerrabbitPosted 6/21/2014 7:33:00 AM
dragon504 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
Do people seriously care about this crap? What reason is there to get involved in the teams? Hell, what reason is there to even craft badges?

30 people on the winning team get 3 games from their wishlist.

And Steam has something like 40 million active accounts.
The chances of you being that 1 in 30 is like winning the lottery.

The entire "contest" is a stupid tax. Just like the lottery.
---
Sig.
#39arleasPosted 6/21/2014 7:38:33 AM
dragon504 posted...
arleas posted...
Damn... and they all sold out... I wish I'd craft some purple tokens...

Where do they come from? Very rare drop from crafting summer adventure badges, maybe the foil badge?

Every time you craft an adventure badge you have a chance of getting some items. Usually it's some crap item from a f2p game you probably couldn't give a s*** about, but yeah, rarely you get a token to steal points from other teams or to change teams.

I don't think making a foil badge increases the chances but I've yet to see a foil drop for the summer sale so I don't know.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#40MaxCHEATER64Posted 6/21/2014 7:39:29 AM
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this whole thing is.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003