This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs "E3 2012" mod can have damaging effect on gameplay, says Ubisoft

#11wildog2006Posted 6/21/2014 6:56:50 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
So can they explain about the word "for PC : who cares" in their code?

Someone doesn't care for PC gaming. Mystery solved.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#12Mudkip57Posted 6/21/2014 7:05:11 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
So can they explain about the word "for PC : who cares" in their code?

It was a header for a value in consoles. It would have no effect on the PC version, hence the comment

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-unbelievable-hidden-comment-shows-ubisofts-arrogance-towards-pc-gamers-or-not/
#13GarudinPosted 6/21/2014 7:11:40 AM
Their statement was pure damage control PR and that's it.

It doesn't address that all the mod does is turn these "E3" effects and settings on and that everyone who's talked about using the mod as either reported IMPROVED performance or the same performance.

All they try to do with that statement is try to lie and say the effects are CREATED by the mod and not simply switched on and by being a mod it may hurt performance.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#14Kokuei05Posted 6/21/2014 7:30:18 AM
That's kind of crap but not totally false. For example; I was doing the ctos center in Brandon Docks. In one of the entrances; there's a little garage room to your right. It's was the day BTW. When I entered the room everything went dark. As soon as I step out of the room; everything was bright as hell again. An issue with the HDR possibly.

Also DOF which was mentioned.

I think that's what they mean; unwanted graphics occur in certain situations.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#15Xtreme-Void(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 10:57:13 AM
Okay do you know if there is any game more demanding than Watch Dogs?

I heard people have trouble playing it, so I tried it and I never experience any single lag even for less than a second. (I'm still not used the patch from the worse mod though & on ultra and on 1080p only).
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#16GarudinPosted 6/21/2014 11:17:17 AM(edited)
Xtreme-Void posted...

I heard people have trouble playing it, so I tried it and I never experience any single lag even for less than a second. (I'm still not used the patch from the worse mod though & on ultra and on 1080p only).

To use an example of problems with the game PC Gamer with their Large Pixel Collider(what they named the PC) only got 30-50 frames while recording with Shadowplay, they never mentioned their FPS while not recording but that is still much lower then what it should be for four Titans running in quad SLI. Outside of that the usual complaint from people is stuttering specially when driving around.

The thing about Ubisoft is their games can be demanding but it's usually because they suck at optimizing for the PC a lot of the AC series is a good example and Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon would be the exception.

A perfect example of how false this "“The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we’ve set out to achieve” is with the brand new Far Cry 4 on the way Ubisoft was proud to announce the Xbox One and PS4 versions will run at PC equivalent of Ultra, that's not saying how powerful the consoles are but how much they are holding to PC version back.
---
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#17Xtreme-Void(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:23:51 AM(edited)
Garudin posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...

To use an example of problems with the game PC Gamer with their Large Pixel Collider(what they named the PC) only got 30-50 frames while recording with Shadowplay, they never mentioned their FPS while not recording but that is still much lower then what it should be for four Titans running in quad SLI. Outside of that the usual complaint from people is stuttering specially when driving around.

The thing about Ubisoft is their games can be demanding but it's usually because they suck at optimizing for the PC a lot of the AC series is a good example and Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon would be the exception.

A perfect example of how false this "“The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we’ve set out to achieve” is with the brand new Far Cry 4 on the way Ubisoft was proud to announce the Xbox One and PS4 versions will run at PC equivalent of Ultra, that's not saying how powerful the consoles are but how much they are holding to PC version back.

can't believe they say the most of each platform and then they comparing PC with consoles with equivalent ultra.

I have try drive around too, especially when running from pesky police, I can't believe they can still chase me except if I make a diversion. Maybe I'm just not cut for GTA kind of games, I never liked it. I'm a RPG gamer mostly.
---
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#18GarudinPosted 6/21/2014 11:30:04 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
I have try drive around too, especially when running from pesky police, I can't believe they can still chase me except if I make a diversion. Maybe I'm just not cut for GTA kind of games, I never liked it. I'm a RPG gamer mostly.

Most games of this style make getting away from the police easier this game doesn't because they want you to use the hacking abilities to get away trying to get away without using them is much harder then it really should be, if nothing else you can put some big distances between you and the cops and hide and they will still find you most of the time.
---
#19Xtreme-Void(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:36:49 AM(edited)
I helped killing criminal by using sniper rifle, and people report me to the police.
Being a good person is kinda hard in Watch Dogs.
That way when the police pursuing me, I have to steal a car or two.
---