This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone need 60 fps?

#81KabtheMentatPosted 6/26/2014 6:13:58 AM
That's because Dark Souls was a horrible port. Most games don't have those issues at 30FPS or 120+FPS.

Sure, you'll get the odd game that has its FPS and engine functionality tied together (like Skyrim), but most don't.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#82Killah PriestPosted 6/26/2014 6:14:00 AM
Which is why it's silly to value an arbitrary FPS number instead of taking into account the effects on the engine. Odds are DS has specific breakpoints just like Q3 did

Ohh don't worry I'm not all about this FPS thing.

I play games not count frames.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#83metalmariolordPosted 6/26/2014 6:16:12 AM
I can see the diference when I see a comparison, but I can't say if a game is 30 or 60 fps when I'm playing.
It must be because I'm used to low frame-rates.
15 fps is very playable to me.
---
"Bury me with my money" Simon Greedwell.
#84Xtreme-VoidPosted 6/26/2014 6:17:08 AM
check this out I just installed fraps
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673019-watch-dogs/69481731?page=2#22
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#85Arcadia__personPosted 6/26/2014 6:44:16 AM
I can tell the difference most of the time, but I can honestly say that I don't care about it. What's unpleasant for me is changing a framerate. If I start playing a game at 30, it looks weird to me at 60 and vice versa. Moreover, I'd much rather play a game at constant 30 than at 60 with dips.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#86CELTEKKPosted 6/26/2014 6:47:08 AM
Lagwagon17 posted...
Wow, I can't believe how much butt-hurt I caused. I mean, thank you guys for helping me to understand, but I didn't realize this concept hit so close to home for some of you.

because console pez come in here erryday and try to say that 30fps is the end all, be all... with no distinguishable difference between 60... this question has been raised a million times, if you actually had any genuine interest in the topic you'd do your own research, yet you come here to ask ambiguous questions.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#87Xtreme-VoidPosted 6/26/2014 7:05:32 AM(edited)
Arcadia__person posted...
I can tell the difference most of the time, but I can honestly say that I don't care about it. What's unpleasant for me is changing a framerate. If I start playing a game at 30, it looks weird to me at 60 and vice versa. Moreover, I'd much rather play a game at constant 30 than at 60 with dips.

Watch Dogs is designed very badly for PC, Even though so, yet it run very smoothly and with better graphic on PC than 30 fps consoles at lower than 1080p resolution and lower settings.

Well not on most AMD build though, maybe Ubisoft just hate AMD/ Radeon more than the hate for PC.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#88jaijasty2Posted 6/26/2014 7:15:09 AM
60fps is practically useless in most things. most movies never go above 60+ because it isn't really rewarding to the consumer nor the producer. lets say ur playing a flash game or some other puzzle game or something. Your not gonna notice a difference between 30fps and 60fps. u'll just be sucking up more power and end up with a higher electricity bill. Such games are: Binding of Issiac, Bridge Constructor, Little Inferno, Starbound. See what i'm getting at?

if u noticed, all the examples above include action or shooting games or of that sort. that is where the 60fps helps. all those blur effects and fast motion and timing are improved and makes it easier on less stressful on the eyes and ur self to play those games. they just look much better. Some examples: Starcraft, Battlefield 4, DOTA 2, Bioshock, Counter Strike. All those games include high paced action and shooting or what ever, especially RTS like starcraft, FPS and monitor response rate ( <--- another, but kinda similar aspect) are really important to do something before ur enemy or bot.

So, if ur not gonna be playing al those high action games with lots of detail and as such, 30fps will be fine for u. Don't get me wrong though, u can still play them at 30fps. the games just won't be a smooth and fluid-like and in some cases, stress out ur eye.
---
Chatango: Jaijasty2,Youtube: MeGusta GameStation youtube.com/user/jaijasty and MeGusta GameStation Extras youtube.com/user/MGGSE
#89Bellum_SacrumPosted 6/26/2014 7:25:01 AM
Reassurance.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#90JKatarnPosted 6/26/2014 7:25:18 AM
No rational human being with two brain cells to rub together is claiming that framerates beyond 30 FPS are "indistinguishable", that's patently idiotic. The difference between 30 and 60 in smoothness and control responsiveness is huge - play some console games designed for 60 FPS like Metroid Prime at 30 FPS and tell me there's no difference.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES