This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Power supply help

#11darkskoot1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 8:01:09 AM
Ok thanks so much for the help guys ill be picking up a new psu today
---
GT Darkskoot X
PSN Darkskoot
#12somebadlemonadePosted 6/26/2014 8:03:30 AM
darkskoot1 posted...
Ok thanks so much for the help guys ill be picking up a new psu today

you might want to wait for the resident psu expert(Shub) to chime in before you pull the trigger, he might help pin down if it's really a psu problem or not
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#13darkskoot1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 8:05:05 AM(edited)
if you think he would see this within the next 3 or so hours id gladly wait for more input
And yes i got the blackscreen after the restart
---
GT Darkskoot X
PSN Darkskoot
#14r0ge00Posted 6/26/2014 8:05:34 AM
somebadlemonade posted...
you might want to wait for the resident psu expert(Shub) to chime in before you pull the trigger, he might help pin down if it's really a psu problem or not

He should really swap out the Thermaltake regardless if he's still within the return window. Any of the options linked above would be more than adequate.

TC, are you going to a brick and mortar store or ordering a new one online?
#15Killah PriestPosted 6/26/2014 8:07:08 AM
we don't know how old this psu is, how heavy its been used, or how dusty it is.

all of these things matter.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#16darkskoot1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 8:07:16 AM
Sadly ive had this psu for a while and i wont be able to return it but money isnt an issue so i want to make sure i get the right one this time around
---
GT Darkskoot X
PSN Darkskoot
#17somebadlemonadePosted 6/26/2014 8:08:43 AM
darkskoot1 posted...
if you think he would see this within the next 3 or so hours id gladly wait for more input
And yes i got the blackscreen after the restart

no i mean, you get a black screen than the system reboots, i got that a lot when i was overclocking my pii 955, it didn't have enough voltage or the voltage wasn't clean enough, mostly due to my crappy motherboard
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#18darkskoot1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 8:10:15 AM
What was happenening is once i had installed the drivers it would restart i would see the windows screen then black. The video card works as i have tested it in my brothers computer and right now i have a 6670 in place until i can fix this
---
GT Darkskoot X
PSN Darkskoot
#19r0ge00Posted 6/26/2014 8:10:21 AM
darkskoot1 posted...
Sadly ive had this psu for a while and i wont be able to return it but money isnt an issue so i want to make sure i get the right one this time around

Fair enough, just make sure you get a quality one and not just one with more watts. Power isn't everything. Component quality and design are most important.