This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Resident Evil 4 so expensive?

#1TheEntitledOnePosted 6/26/2014 11:04:49 AM
These reissues of old games on steam has gotten to the point where it's pretty much a slap in the face.

I mean, let's think about this.

Rise of Nations "new" release - $19.99
Age of Mythology "new" release - $29.99
Age of Empires II "new" release - $19.99

Yeah, those are the full prices without considering discounts, but they are still ridiculous.

Right now, I can buy Civ 5, Left 4 Dead 2, Banished, Dishonored, and Europa Universalis 4 for less than Resident Evil 4, and all those games are much more recent.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#2Blobs_Posted 6/26/2014 11:26:58 AM
Because capcom
---
is haha
#3r0ge00Posted 6/26/2014 11:27:43 AM
Blobs_ posted...
Because capcom
#4MachEvolutionPosted 6/26/2014 11:27:51 AM
Because it's a Capcom game that predates DLC so they can't gouge you with millions of pointless DLC packs, thus they simply ask for more money upfront.
#5promo123Posted 6/26/2014 11:32:13 AM
You‘re actually paying for the whole game. When you buy these newer games that are cheaper you aren‘t actually buying the whole game unless you also purchase DLC.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#6kingoffpsPosted 6/26/2014 11:33:47 AM
RE4 isn't just a re-release of the older "port" though. It seems like they've ported it from scratch again to the PC. They haven't just taken existing code and increased the supported resolution and swapped the textures.

It's not that expensive anyway. £9 right now. So that's like what 15 USD?
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#7Madridiq8ePosted 6/26/2014 11:42:42 AM
kingoffps posted...
RE4 isn't just a re-release of the older "port" though. It seems like they've ported it from scratch again to the PC. They haven't just taken existing code and increased the supported resolution and swapped the textures.

it's $12, it's still a bit expensive for almost a 10 year old game, don't you think ?
#8ThePCElitistPosted 6/26/2014 11:49:19 AM
Madridiq8e posted...
kingoffps posted...

it's $12, it's still a bit expensive for almost a 10 year old game, don't you think ?

Most games don't devalue to pennies just because they're old. A lot of retro physical copies of games still sell for $90 or more. It doesn't matter if it's digital or physical though. It's a high demand classic which will have a high price tag.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#9saltedhamPosted 6/26/2014 3:04:33 PM
new version has

1080p
1440p
60 fps
hd textures
Mouse controls
specular highlights added back in (this effect was missing in the ps3/360/ps2 versions)

game is goat imo, well worth the money stranga.
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#10TheWayOfTheGunPosted 6/26/2014 3:06:00 PM
Madridiq8e posted...
kingoffps posted...

It's not a ten year old game if it's re-released with new features. Even if the features aren't enough for your approval.
---
When asked if I am working hard or hardly working, I always respond in truth. I am simply working hard at hardly working.