This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Resident Evil 4 so expensive?

#21saltedhamPosted 6/27/2014 9:21:46 AM
i know topic creators problem.

"not enough cash stranga"
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#22Mudkip57Posted 6/27/2014 9:24:18 AM
JKatarn posted...
How is $12 "expensive"? The game originally cost $60 and was universally well received.

$50. Minor point, but someone in the internet was wrong
#23KURRUPTORPosted 6/27/2014 12:04:59 PM
Yeah I saw it was on sale and almost bought it, then I was like, f it I already beat it several times on game cube like eight years ago. That's not a very good sale price.

To the people blaming capcom, well they have had plenty of games be 75 percent of already during this sale so idk.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#24HolyLightShinePosted 6/27/2014 12:10:07 PM
I agree with the fact that RE 4 would be worth the cost.

However, the strategy games like rise of nation and aom, that seems like the true slap in the face to me. What are your opinions on these two?
#25crimsonclaw111Posted 6/27/2014 12:31:12 PM
Bought it for $20, no regrets. 60fps and 1080p+ is well worth the asking price for the GOAT.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#26sonicteam2k1Posted 6/27/2014 12:41:47 PM
Madridiq8e posted...
kingoffps posted...
RE4 isn't just a re-release of the older "port" though. It seems like they've ported it from scratch again to the PC. They haven't just taken existing code and increased the supported resolution and swapped the textures.

It's not that expensive anyway. 9 right now. So that's like what 15 USD?

it's $12, it's still a bit expensive for almost a 10 year old game, don't you think ?

No. you're just super cheap. The quality is great. there are older games that you will pay even more for.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#27shdwdrgnixPosted 6/27/2014 1:03:08 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Madridiq8e posted...
kingoffps posted...
RE4 isn't just a re-release of the older "port" though. It seems like they've ported it from scratch again to the PC. They haven't just taken existing code and increased the supported resolution and swapped the textures.

It's not that expensive anyway. 9 right now. So that's like what 15 USD?

it's $12, it's still a bit expensive for almost a 10 year old game, don't you think ?

No. you're just super cheap. The quality is great. there are older games that you will pay even more for.

yea, he should look at how much earthbound or chrono trigger cost
#28TheWayOfTheGunPosted 6/28/2014 8:56:00 AM
Heads up to anyone who bought the re-release.

One of the best texture modders from the original PC version has teamed up with an impressive new modder and they have been making steady progress transforming the textures of this release.

They deserve mad props and if they keep up their pace, they might actually finish the whole game!

Check out their updates and download the 1st texture release here -> http://www.re4hd.com/
---
When asked if I am working hard or hardly working, I always respond in truth. I am simply working hard at hardly working.
#29GoldninjaPosted 6/28/2014 9:12:00 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Heads up to anyone who bought the re-release.

One of the best texture modders from the original PC version has teamed up with an impressive new modder and they have been making steady progress transforming the textures of this release.

They deserve mad props and if they keep up their pace, they might actually finish the whole game!

Check out their updates and download the 1st texture release here -> http://www.re4hd.com/

Nice. Yeah, the original PC release of RE4 was more than a bad port job. It was garbage. This version is basically an apology for that slap in the face. it's RE4 done on PC right. On top of that, it's one of the best games out there. If you want it that bad, just pay the measly $12.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus