This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games with the longest plots/campaigns?

#31FrankT06(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:58:53 AM
Any others?
#32SneakiestNegPosted 7/2/2014 3:46:39 PM
Jrpgs. But you don't have those on the PC. Dragon quest 8. Tales of games. Persona 3 fes. 90-150 hours each of them.
#33Bobby_KotickPosted 7/2/2014 3:47:04 PM
Call of Duty
#34DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 6:03:24 PM
Ningishzida posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Wasn't there all of like 5 cutscenes in the whole game?

By "cutscene" I also mean those first-person views where you have to wait for someone to spew their nonsense, or wait for some event to happen.

The fact you have mouse-look and can walk around as you please is just a cutscene in disguise, since it has to be endured to progress, regardless.

That's what I was talking about.
I don't think there's even any other kind of cutscene in half life.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 6:04:41 PM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Jrpgs. But you don't have those on the PC. Dragon quest 8. Tales of games. Persona 3 fes. 90-150 hours each of them.

TBH, most JRPGs clock around the 20~40 hours mark for the first run.
Also, the games listed work fine on PC last I checked.
---
#36MarceloSampaioPosted 7/3/2014 4:16:35 AM(edited)
Nobody mentioned XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within yet.

It does have quite a long campaign, and its very fun to play. As long as you don't expect the freedom of the original X-COMs.

There's also the King's Bounty games, they are quite long. The Legend can easily take 80+ hours, and Crossworls is even bigger.

Sure, no game can be considered long if you rush and/or use walkthroughs. Just chill, play the games without worrying too much about beating them and at your own pace.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#37NingishzidaPosted 7/3/2014 4:53:08 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That's what I was talking about.
I don't think there's even any other kind of cutscene in half life.

There's at least 1 or 2 flyby cutscenes, like on the last stage. These have nothing to do with the protagonists perception, from what I recall.
#38SneakiestNegPosted 7/3/2014 5:11:44 AM
Xillia took me 60 hours. The only jrpg I ever played that was under 50 hours was Crono Trigger.
#39DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/3/2014 7:14:50 PM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Xillia took me 60 hours. The only jrpg I ever played that was under 50 hours was Crono Trigger.

The only JRPGs that have taken me over 50 hours, I played in japanese, without a walkthrough, not understanding anything that was going on.
---
#40BendoHendoPosted 7/3/2014 7:24:41 PM
For a new game, I'd recommend Divinity: Original Sin. Not only is it being praised as the best RPG since Baldur's Gate 2, but it also appears to have a solid 75+ hours of gameplay.