This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games with the longest plots/campaigns?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games with the longest plots/campaigns?
2 years ago#31
Any others?
2 years ago#32
Jrpgs. But you don't have those on the PC. Dragon quest 8. Tales of games. Persona 3 fes. 90-150 hours each of them.
2 years ago#33
Call of Duty
2 years ago#34
Ningishzida posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Wasn't there all of like 5 cutscenes in the whole game?

By "cutscene" I also mean those first-person views where you have to wait for someone to spew their nonsense, or wait for some event to happen.

The fact you have mouse-look and can walk around as you please is just a cutscene in disguise, since it has to be endured to progress, regardless.

That's what I was talking about.
I don't think there's even any other kind of cutscene in half life.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
2 years ago#35
SneakiestNeg posted...
Jrpgs. But you don't have those on the PC. Dragon quest 8. Tales of games. Persona 3 fes. 90-150 hours each of them.

TBH, most JRPGs clock around the 20~40 hours mark for the first run.
Also, the games listed work fine on PC last I checked.
2 years ago#36
Nobody mentioned XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within yet.

It does have quite a long campaign, and its very fun to play. As long as you don't expect the freedom of the original X-COMs.

There's also the King's Bounty games, they are quite long. The Legend can easily take 80+ hours, and Crossworls is even bigger.

Sure, no game can be considered long if you rush and/or use walkthroughs. Just chill, play the games without worrying too much about beating them and at your own pace.
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
2 years ago#37
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That's what I was talking about.
I don't think there's even any other kind of cutscene in half life.

There's at least 1 or 2 flyby cutscenes, like on the last stage. These have nothing to do with the protagonists perception, from what I recall.
2 years ago#38
Xillia took me 60 hours. The only jrpg I ever played that was under 50 hours was Crono Trigger.
2 years ago#39
SneakiestNeg posted...
Xillia took me 60 hours. The only jrpg I ever played that was under 50 hours was Crono Trigger.

The only JRPGs that have taken me over 50 hours, I played in japanese, without a walkthrough, not understanding anything that was going on.
2 years ago#40
For a new game, I'd recommend Divinity: Original Sin. Not only is it being praised as the best RPG since Baldur's Gate 2, but it also appears to have a solid 75+ hours of gameplay.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games with the longest plots/campaigns?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived