This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

found an asus laptop at walmart for $250

#11Greendragon854Posted 6/27/2014 10:59:11 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
-Spirit-Dragon- posted...
nellyfan804 posted...
I work at walmart =D

does every store really have an undercover security employee acting as a customer?

I'm also a Walmart employee. And yes, they do, there's six of them at the store I work at.

They're so obvious too.

They kinda are. Before I even started working for the company, when I shopped at Walmart, I could easily identify them.

I used to call them floor walkers. It was always funny seeing them "hunt" because it was so obvious to me, but the people they caught just never seemed to realize it was happening. Got to be good friends with one of them.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#12TheBorderColliePosted 6/27/2014 10:59:59 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
nellyfan804 posted...
I work at walmart =D

does every store really have an undercover security employee acting as a customer?

I'm also a Walmart employee. And yes, they do, there's six of them at the store I work at.

They're so obvious too.

They kinda are. Before I even started working for the company, when I shopped at Walmart, I could easily identify them.

Walk up and ask them how long they've been working for the company. That's always fun...
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#13DahlVaughnniPosted 6/28/2014 5:37:47 AM
Everyone seems to be asking this about security lately lol. I just had this exact conversation with one of the employees (I used to work there so I know everyone at my store). And yes I also identified the security guys at my store. It's not that they do a particularly bad job at pretending to be shopping, it's just that, how often does a man REALLY need to be in the health and beauty section? lol. That's how I knew.
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207 GT: Archlvt
#142Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 6/28/2014 5:58:51 AM
I shop at Wal-Mart almost once a week and never noticed them...
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#15reiko sawamuraPosted 6/28/2014 6:02:30 AM
Was it a nice wal-mart or one of those that just feels like it was forgotten and hasn't been updated in like ten years? You know the ones I mean, where it feels like you're at Shopko because it's nothing but metal shelving as far as the eye can see and that cheap linoleum floor instead of the nice wood paneling.
---
If you believe in Taokaka, have accepted Her as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!
#16drinkPosted 6/28/2014 6:05:38 AM
$250 laptops are popping up a lot now

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-jet-black/6841014.p?id=1219241419174&skuId=6841014&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#17-Spirit-Dragon-(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 12:27:12 PM
reiko sawamura posted...
Was it a nice wal-mart or one of those that just feels like it was forgotten and hasn't been updated in like ten years? You know the ones I mean, where it feels like you're at Shopko because it's nothing but metal shelving as far as the eye can see and that cheap linoleum floor instead of the nice wood paneling.

I like your description of the abandoned stores. Novel worthy. I remember finding some pool goggles at a trash Wal-Mart in the middle of no where in Wisconsin when I was young that were super cheap that I ended up loving for the huge vision they gave.

I live in the suburban area outside Chicago. The town I found it at is considered trashy but it was a huge populated store. And this morning I went to get drapes from the Walmart in my town (one of the wealthiest suburbs of the area, only 3-5 miles from the place I got my laptop) and they had a bunch of them for the same price.

So... check around... I don't know if it's just my area or not. Again, crap specs and I'm sure most of you know but Asus is top tier. And laptops should be going down - I did a lot of research before I bought a laptop because I've never had one before despite being almost 30. I heard their chips/graphics were weaker but LOL. Even +500 dollar laptops have integrated graphics and s*** cpu. Laptops are a joke, they're just popular with certain crowds.
#18DragnfyrPosted 6/28/2014 12:49:46 PM(edited)
So... check around... I don't know if it's just my area or not. Again, crap specs and I'm sure most of you know but Asus is top tier. And laptops should be going down - I did a lot of research before I bought a laptop because I've never had one before despite being almost 30. I heard their chips/graphics were weaker but LOL. Even +500 dollar laptops have integrated graphics and s*** cpu. Laptops are a joke, they're just popular with certain crowds.

Laptops are more mainstream than desktops. These days the average computer user is better off getting a laptop or tablet than a desktop. Desktops are really only useful for gamers and content creators. Also CPU and graphics are not the most important thing to look at in a laptop. If you look at ultrabooks their CPUs and graphics are not super powerful but there are a lot of good reasons why they cost $800-$900+ compared to your $250 laptop. Weight, build material, battery life, trackpad quality, screen quality, etc. are often overlooked on the spec sheet but they are just as, if not more, important than the CPU and graphics. Also with a $250 laptop the specs are noticeably weak as well (Celeron is crap). Honestly, most users would be much better off getting a mid end tablet rather than an extremely low end laptop.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#19it_r_over9000Posted 6/28/2014 12:53:09 PM
I work at a Sam's Club in my town and we don't have anyone of the sort. Our club manager often walks the floor and sees stuff though. Generally our associates keep an eye on that kind of stuff. I did hear a member talk to a manager the other day about witnessing some woman stuff her purse with Reese's that she had opened the box for. I had to hold back the laughing.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC| Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#20TehPwnzererPosted 6/28/2014 1:00:45 PM
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
nellyfan804 posted...
I work at walmart =D

Sounds like a boring job...but Id do it.

I worked loss prevention at several grocery stores. Trust me, you never want to do that job. It's the most unbearably boring job you could possibly ask for. It's hard when you have to be be active in trying to hunt down perps rather than being passive and waiting for trouble to come to you like traditional uniform security.