This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RE6 worth $10

#1Blade_Of_IcePosted 6/28/2014 7:16:39 AM
I can't say i'm a "die hard" fan of the series i've only played 2,4, 5, and 0, but i've enjoyed them all...too a certain extent. The main complaint seems to be the lack of horror which almost all horror sequels lack these days which doesnt really bother me, i've learned to accept that, and while this seems to be the same complaints RE5 got i still managed to enjoy the story itself...even if way too much of the story took place during daylight

Pretty much as long as its better than the train wreck dead space 3 turned out to be i'm fine with more action than scares
#2TimePharaohPosted 6/28/2014 7:23:55 AM(edited)
It's vastly worse than 5. Probably the worst in the series after Operation Raccoon City. Even Gaiden was better. Literally everything from the camera to the story to the QTE to the controls, it's just a mess.
#3PhilOnDezPosted 6/28/2014 7:48:08 AM
DS3 I was at least able to beat. RE6 I beat two of the three main campaigns (Leon and Chris), started the third, and was just 'uggggh' less than 10 minutes into it and had to quit.

Leon's campaign felt pretty RE-y. Cramped spaces, secret rooms beneath a church, excessively well fortified to the point of being silly ancient catacombs beneath a graveyard, and actual zombies. The section in China wasn't too bad either.

Chris's was playable but not very RE-y. I don't want to say it was CoDified but it was definitely dudebroed up to the point of silliness (and not in the way RE has always been silly, they tried to make it extremely serious, PTSD flashbacks and all). It's two guys with assault rifles and handguns blowing their way through military bases filled with insect themed humanoids. I will say I enjoyed the last section in the underwater lab but everything leading up to it barely kept my attention.

And then Jake's... Ugh. The first few cutscenes were so 'cool' I ended up just turning it off and I haven't even considered going back to it since. After talking to some friends it apparently gets pretty good a little ways in once a BOW that's trying to capture both of you alive shows up but I just couldn't make myself get to that part. Their climax also ends up in the underwater lab so it might be passable overall, the start was just the worst.

There's a 4th campaign after beating the other three but obviously I haven't haven't done that to have an opinion on it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 7:57:46 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
DS3 I was at least able to beat. RE6 I beat two of the three main campaigns (Leon and Chris), started the third, and was just 'uggggh' less than 10 minutes into it and had to quit.

Leon's campaign felt pretty RE-y. Cramped spaces, secret rooms beneath a church, excessively well fortified to the point of being silly ancient catacombs beneath a graveyard, and actual zombies. The section in China wasn't too bad either.

Chris's was playable but not very RE-y. I don't want to say it was CoDified but it was definitely dudebroed up to the point of silliness (and not in the way RE has always been silly, they tried to make it extremely serious, PTSD flashbacks and all). It's two guys with assault rifles and handguns blowing their way through military bases filled with insect themed humanoids. I will say I enjoyed the last section in the underwater lab but everything leading up to it barely kept my attention.

And then Jake's... Ugh. The first few cutscenes were so 'cool' I ended up just turning it off and I haven't even considered going back to it since. After talking to some friends it apparently gets pretty good a little ways in once a BOW that's trying to capture both of you alive shows up but I just couldn't make myself get to that part. Their climax also ends up in the underwater lab so it might be passable overall, the start was just the worst.

There's a 4th campaign after beating the other three but obviously I haven't haven't done that to have an opinion on it.

wait you have to play the campaigns seperatly, i thought the events were all happening at the same time, well thats unfortunate i was hoping it would cut back and forth, 1 leon chapter, then chris, then over to jake, and then back to leon or chris, thats a bit dissapointing.
#5spud_almightyPosted 6/28/2014 8:01:19 AM
Best game they've done in the series since Resi 4 if you ask me. RE 5 was just horrific, Revelations was dull and this is nice, action packed and quite creepy in places. Looks nice, plays nice, has good reliable controls and the story is a huge improvement over the last few games.

though a giant monster t-rex is a bit far fetched (I still think its cool).
#6spud_almightyPosted 6/28/2014 8:05:02 AM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

wait you have to play the campaigns seperatly, i thought the events were all happening at the same time, well thats unfortunate i was hoping it would cut back and forth, 1 leon chapter, then chris, then over to jake, and then back to leon or chris, thats a bit dissapointing.

You could easily play it that way.
#7Silent Sniper IV(Moderator)Posted 6/28/2014 8:06:47 AM(edited)
Absolutely worst game in franchise imo. The only worthwhile thing about it was mercenaries mode, and that has to be played as a suplex simulator because the gunplay is so bad.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#8Killah PriestPosted 6/28/2014 8:12:56 AM
Resident Evil 6 is fantastic and my favorite non classic resident evils.

Gunplay is flawless, animations are incredibly detailed, and unlimited mercs is a lot of fun.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#9kriztoferPosted 6/28/2014 8:21:47 AM
6/10
---
Battling children's cancer through music -
http://ccrf.convio.net/site/TR?pxfid=7970&pg=fund&fr_id=1140
#10NemerlightPosted 6/28/2014 8:31:59 AM
I enjoyed it and for 10 bucks its worth it.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif