This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any opinion on the x3 series?

#1monkmithPosted 6/28/2014 11:08:21 AM
saw this series a while back and i think now is a good time to try it. i understand the newest one (x rebirth) is trash, so i'm wondering if anyone can suggest which of the x3 series i should jump into first?
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 6/28/2014 11:09:55 AM
X3 is really good, but has a very steep learning curve.
Take your time with it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3majinbuu58Posted 6/28/2014 11:16:21 AM
X rebirth is good. Its just hard to compare with terran conflict and albion prelude
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#4monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 11:49:36 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
X rebirth is good. Its just hard to compare with terran conflict and albion prelude

has it been fixed? i understand that it was a glitch fest when it first came out.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#5reincarnator07Posted 6/28/2014 1:33:33 PM
You can skip over Reunion unless you want the story. Terran conflict has the same map, but a ****ton of plots and missions, vast UI improvements and new ships and sectors. TC is also standalone, so you don't need Reunion to play it. Albion Prelude is an expansion with a few UI improvements and a few new missions and ships. I've not played much AP, so I can't give you much detail on it.

Terran conflict is my most played game on Steam, and with good reason. The learning curve is more like a learning sheer cliff, but if you can get over it the game is an amazing space sim.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#6MortalDangerPosted 6/28/2014 1:45:33 PM
Rebirth is terrible, consolized trash. Definitely pass on that. monkmith posted...

majinbuu58 posted...

has it been fixed? i understand that it was a glitch fest when it first came out.

I think it has been fixed some. Egosoft has great costumer loyalty (well, besides Rebirth as a whole...they pissed off all us long time fans), and always put tremendous effort into their games after release. Not only bug fixes, but general game changes, features, etc. DLC is always free, they're a great company in terms of game support...they do it for years, up until about the time they release the next one.

Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude are the way to go...AP is pretty much TC but with more features, like stock market and such. I like AP more, but it doesn't matter, just look at the differences and pick which one you like best. Story doesn't matter, it's not bad but it's more of a sandbox game. I've never actually completed any of the main story lines.

Be sure to check out egosoft.com for mods, including the bonus missions and the bonus packs or whatever (just mods that they neatly packaged for you). The mods add so much functionality especially since menus can be pretty clunky (use keyboard to navigate instead of mouse) and the games can get pretty micro-manage-y. Luckily there is a lot of automation and mods add even more automation.
---
God Bless America.