This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What sort of game is Tropico 4?

#1Samaellives91Posted 6/28/2014 12:28:27 PM
Is it like Civilization? It's cheap on steam and looks interesting.
---
Not changing this sig until Liao Hua is added to the Dynasty Warriors cast.
#2BigAl519Posted 6/28/2014 12:29:38 PM
Its like Simcity except you are your own country.
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#3Samaellives91(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 12:34:11 PM
Sounds cool. Are there any problems with the steam version that I should know about.
---
Not changing this sig until Liao Hua is added to the Dynasty Warriors cast.
#4chris1001 the sequelPosted 6/28/2014 12:35:39 PM
Simcity as played by Fidel Castro.
#5falloutfanPosted 6/28/2014 12:39:55 PM
It's a city builder. More like Caesar or Grand Ages Rome than the main sim city games. (Though I suppose it's like the newest one and Societies.)
#6BigAl519Posted 6/28/2014 12:42:06 PM
Samaellives91 posted...
Sounds cool. Are there any problems with the steam version that I should know about.

Don't think so. I never experienced any myself. Very fun game though!
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#7NeninaPosted 6/30/2014 1:45:29 PM
I have Tropico 4. It's an okay city and politics sim that tries to be a great game through humor. The problem for me was that everything was a joke. Without any serious parts of the game to ground me the humor just got on my nerves and soon I couldn't stand the game unless it was in short bursts. You have to be able to tolerate an ocean of jokes, the good ones and lame ones.
#8majinbuu58Posted 6/30/2014 2:12:08 PM
Wat.

The game is great
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#9pwnater777Posted 6/30/2014 2:13:12 PM
TC, if you were thinking about buying during the Steam sale but you didn't end up getting it (or if you'd just like to have the others, too) then you should buy the Bundlestars Reboot Bundle 4.0. It gives Tropico 1-3 (as well as 5 other games) for only $3, which I think the Tropico games (or even Tropico 3 alone) are worth way more than that. Amazing deal and a great purchase for anyone wanting to get into the series. Also, Hard Reset is pretty good, too. I would try Zeno Clash II, but my PC probably couldn't run it too well.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#10Bane766Posted 6/30/2014 4:09:58 PM
pwnater777 posted...
TC, if you were thinking about buying during the Steam sale but you didn't end up getting it (or if you'd just like to have the others, too) then you should buy the Bundlestars Reboot Bundle 4.0. It gives Tropico 1-3 (as well as 5 other games) for only $3, which I think the Tropico games (or even Tropico 3 alone) are worth way more than that. Amazing deal and a great purchase for anyone wanting to get into the series. Also, Hard Reset is pretty good, too. I would try Zeno Clash II, but my PC probably couldn't run it too well.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/

Nice deal. Thanks for that!
---
Douleur Peur Mort