This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM 10$ best deal?

#1XxTwisted26xXPosted 6/28/2014 6:08:04 PM
If it wins community choice, will that be the best price it will sell at?
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms
#2ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/28/2014 6:09:12 PM
Buy the original and download open xcom.

New Xcom is a really bad TBS game with dumb mechanics, like free movement turn for enemies when you run into them, and the cover system being just a slight defense buff.
#3kelemvorPosted 6/28/2014 8:29:40 PM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Buy the original and download open xcom.

New Xcom is a really bad TBS game with dumb mechanics, like free movement turn for enemies when you run into them, and the cover system being just a slight defense buff.

Yep, any modern gamer who plays the new XCOM for a while and then tries the old UFO Defense will understand why the new Firaxis game is so bad. Graphics aside, UFO Defense is so much deeper and tense from a gameplay perspective. Tell me you aren't scared in your fist terror mission when you end your turn and the screen blanks out to "Hidden Movement'..... all you hear are the opening of doors, gunshots, and screams of civilians getting slaughtered. Before you regain control of your turn, maybe an enemy alien spots you and shoots at you while you are defenseless.

The Firaxis XCOM from 2012 isn't in the same league when it comes to a tactical strategy game.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#4XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 9:15:20 PM
Hmm, its that bad? I thought all the reviews for XCOM were positive?
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms
#5RogueStrikerPosted 6/28/2014 9:26:19 PM
Yeah, seems more like some old-school Xcom fans really hate the new one. It's fine if you're new to it.
---
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
1934-1042-4099
#6majinbuu58Posted 6/28/2014 9:27:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/28/2014 9:28:28 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Hmm, its that bad? I thought all the reviews for XCOM were positive?

They're positive from people who don't play TBS games. The mechanics are really flawed, though.

RogueStriker posted...
Yeah, seems more like some old-school Xcom fans really hate the new one. It's fine if you're new to it.

It's not fine unless you don't play TBS games in general. It's not that it sucks worse than the old game. It's that the mechanics are just dumb for a TBS game.
#8ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/28/2014 9:29:41 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
No. It's a really good game. Don't buy into the hate from these morons that are mad that it's different from the older ones.

Name calling and angry whining. Is this the type of kid you'd want to listen to?
#9majinbuu58Posted 6/28/2014 10:47:59 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
No. It's a really good game. Don't buy into the hate from these morons that are mad that it's different from the older ones.

Name calling and angry whining. Is this the type of kid you'd want to listen to?

lol shadow post.
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#10solosnakePosted 6/28/2014 11:03:05 PM
I really enjoy the new Xcom.
One of the better games Ive played in the past few years.
---
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://thankyouchrishansen.com/