This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM 10$ best deal?

#11j2_tha_macPosted 6/29/2014 1:04:01 AM
The new XCOM is a great game. It sounds like some of you guys should try the long war mod, it fixes a lot of the issues you guys have with the game.

To answer TC's original question, yes the community choice ( if it wins ) is the cheapest it will go, I think its already been a daily at that price too.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but do any of the UFO Defense players own Xenonauts? I've had my eye on it a long time but I don't really buy games in early access, so now that its finished is it worth a look? I've seen a lot of footage of the early game but nothing of the mid-late game so I'm wondering how it is the further in you get?
#12playstationmanPosted 6/29/2014 1:07:17 AM
Yeah, disregard the whining. It's true that the new X-COM is not as good as UFO Defense; however, seeing as UFO Defense is actually the best game ever made, this doesn't tell you much. X-COM Enemy Unknown is still a pretty damn good game, easily worth $10.
---
If the above post does not make sense, I need sleep. Yell at me and say to go to bed or something.
Times I've been told to go to bed: 156
#13Sir_Burpalot21Posted 6/29/2014 1:21:41 AM
The die-hard, old guard of X-com dislike the new X-com by Fireaxis. However, since you're a fresh recruit you have no reason not to try out the new series.
$10 is a steal for it and if you feel like you want a deeper game you can go for the Long War mod.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#14ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/29/2014 1:36:02 AM
Notice how people actually refuse to acknowledge the faults. It doesn't matter how flawed the game is. All that matters is that people get to dismiss an older game and the people that like it.

Even though that doesn't make the new game in a series any good.

The game has terrible mechanics, and that's a fact. Not whining.
#15Sir_Burpalot21Posted 6/29/2014 2:11:13 AM
*eats popcorn*
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#16majinbuu58Posted 6/29/2014 2:11:40 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Notice how people actually refuse to acknowledge the faults. It doesn't matter how flawed the game is. All that matters is that people get to dismiss an older game and the people that like it.

You really only post to whine. The game is great
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#17NemerlightPosted 6/29/2014 3:13:01 AM
They mostly removed all that useless micromanagement in new Xcom so i would just buy that. Older games were classics but didnt age well.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#18NobyNobyManPosted 6/29/2014 3:22:23 AM
First they came for the hex-based wargame fans.

And I did not cry out because I wasn't a hex-based wargame fan.

Then they came for the Gold Box and Infinity Engine fans.

And I did not cry out because I was not a cRPG fan.

Then they came for the X-Com fans.

And there was no one left to hear my cries.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/199362-x-com-ufo-defense/55143605
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/martu12
http://i.imgur.com/MQ0WoJb.gif
#19xanthan1Posted 6/29/2014 9:24:04 AM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...

Notice how he keeps going into a topic about something he hates just to ***** and moan about it instead of doing anything productive or enjoyable. Did the same thing with the DmC topic too and acted like no one could possibly like it on it's own merits. Hell he insulted people for having opinions on DmC that were in any way positive or otherwise different from his.

That is a sign he is not the type of person you should listen to. Half of what he posts is him whining a game isn't the same as an older one and a good chunk of the rest is actual points blown way out of proportion.

TC, it's a good deal and the game is fun despite the flaws.