This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is CS:GO worth the buy if I don't want to buy DLC?

#1Linctagon7Posted 6/29/2014 2:37:35 PM
I just want to be able to play the game in its entirety without having to shell out additional money. Does CS:GO have DLC and how does it impact the game? If I don't get the DLC am I then forced out of a portion of the game when others do have the DLC?

Answers much appreciated.
---
"He tried to choke someone out but there were too many. Tried to kick-box but they had weapons. And then tapped but there was no ref on the street."
#2CatToyPosted 6/29/2014 2:39:19 PM
You only need the map packs to play in match making with those maps, which hardly anyone does. Also, if a friend has them, you can play with him even if you don't.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3WerdnAndreWPosted 6/29/2014 2:40:38 PM
wat
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#4MaxCHEATER64Posted 6/29/2014 2:41:00 PM
Wait, CSGO has DLC?
Damn, I have like 45 hours logged and I didn't know.

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#5CatToyPosted 6/29/2014 2:48:19 PM(edited)
They aren't really advertised because they're really just sanctioned donations for the map makers. Under news on the right hand side you'll see a graphic that says Operation Phoenix. Buying it will let you play in match making with the maps in that pack.

They have Operation Bravo and Operation Payback as well.

Looks like none of them are available anymore anyway to whatever.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#6saltedhamPosted 6/29/2014 3:52:05 PM
no you dont have to pay for them. there are community servers that somtimes run those maps. paying for operations just lets you play those map in the official matchmaking. and some of that money goes to the map creators.
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#7NGd72Posted 6/29/2014 3:53:14 PM
No dont buy GO...

Wait for it to be 3.50 like it has been in the past couple months.

They can screw themselves with their terrible steam "sale" pricing
#8JudgmenlPosted 6/29/2014 3:53:34 PM
csgo doesn't have DLC. It has Operations that pay for themselves tho. And they're $3 every 5 months.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
I am a unemployed Software Engineer. Job Searching since 06/13/14.
#9calcyclePosted 6/29/2014 3:55:19 PM
NGd72 posted...
No dont buy GO...

I think the higher price mostly has to do with how so many hackers bought the game when it was cheap on throw away accounts so that they could bypass VAC bans.

It's still worth the price too.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#10Worknofun370Posted 6/29/2014 4:00:08 PM
calcycle posted...
NGd72 posted...
No dont buy GO...

I think the higher price mostly has to do with how so many hackers bought the game when it was cheap on throw away accounts so that they could bypass VAC bans.

It's still worth the price too.

I don't think that $4 is going to make much of a difference on that front at all.