This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Steam loots!

#1POOKISTANPosted 6/29/2014 11:55:43 PM
The summer sale for Steam, an online game distribution program (it is to games what Itunes is for music), is now over - I used this sale as an opportunity to expand my almost non-existent PC gaming library. By the end I'd used just shy of $200 and had gotten 48 games out of that averaging a little more than $4 per game.

I had already purchased The Orange Box which included the following games:

Counter Strike Source
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Deathmatch
Half Life 2 Lost Coast
Half Life Deathmatch Source
Half Life Source
(it also includes the Half Life 2 Episode One and Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal although these aren't added to the Steam Library)

... And I'd already purchased the DOOM Classic Complete which included the following games:

DOOM II (with Master Levels)
Final DOOM
Ultimate DOOM

... And I'd already purchased The Elder Scrolls Anthology which included the following games:

Morrowind
Oblivion GOTY Edition
Skyrim GOTY Edition
(it also included Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall though these aren't added to the Steam Library)

Sooo, although I did have a handful of other games already on Steam, for the most part, I didn't really have much. Well, as I'd mentioned, I spent quite a bit and got an amazing value for the games I picked up. Here's a list of everything I got during the sale which ran from 6-19-14 to 6-30-14 along with the price so you can judge whether or not what I got was worth it:

Amnesia A Machine for Pigs ($3.49)
Amnesia The Dark Descent ($3.49)
Antichamber ($5.99)
Bastion ($2.42)
Broken Age ($8.49)
Darwinia ($1.24)
DEFCON ($1.24)
Dues Ex GOTY Edition ($1.74)
Dungeon Defenders with Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC ($6.98)
Dust An Elysian Tail ($2.99)
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy ($0.99)
Fallout 2 ($2.49)
FEZ ($2.49)
Garry's Mod ($2.49)
Goat Simulator ($5.99)
Insurgency ($6.74)
Just Cause 2 (with DLC Collection) ($4.38)
Kerbal Space Program ($16.19)
Killing Floor ($4.99)
Left 4 Dead ($3.74)
Left 4 Dead 2 (with beta) ($3.74)
Lone Survivor Director's Cut ($3.74)
Long Live the Queen ($2.49)
Mercenary Kings ($9.99)
Monaco [4 copies - 3 to give away] ($4.49)
Multiwinia ($1.24)
Octodad Dadliest Catch ($5.09)
ORION Dino Horde [4 copies - 3 to give away] ($4.49)
Outlast ($4.99)
Papers Please ($2.99)
Payday 2 (with all DLC except for The Big Bank Heist) ($11.34)
Postal 2 (Free - Gifted by friend!)
RealMyst Masterpiece Edition ($8.99)
Sribblenauts Unlimited ($4.99)
Shadowrun Returns Deluxe ($12.49)
Slender The Arrival ($2.49)
Spore (with Creepy & Cute Parts Pack and Galactic Adventures) ($12.48)
Super Meat Boy ($3.44)
Syberia ($0.74)
Syberia 2 ($0.74)
System Shock 2 ($1.49)
Takedown Red Sabre (Free - Gifted by friend!)
Terraria ($1.99)
Titan Quest ($1.99)
Titan Quest Immortal Throne ($1.99)
Torchlight II ($4.99)
Uplink ($1.24)
World of Goo ($0.99)
#2POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 11:55:58 PM
So there ya' have it! I actually haven't had a chance to play all of 'em, in fact I haven't 0played most of 'em, but here's the top five that left a good first impression and why:

1) Insurgency ($6.74) - A really great tactical shooter running as a Half Life 2 mod. Although it's not the prettiest game on Earth it reminds me very much of Rainbow Six and is just great fun either against other players or killin' AI baddies with others.

2) Octodad Dadliest Catch (%5.09) - Just a really goofy-ass game with strange scenarios and really fun physics. It's really short, so I'm glad I didn't pay full-price, but it's very entertaining while it lasts!

3) Papers Please ($2.99) - A really unique and enjoyable game that requires a lot of thinking and concentration and is best played with a foul-mouth and an acceptance that you aint gonna' do a perfect job.

4) Slender The Arrival ($2.49) - As a game, this is somewhat frustrating and repetitive. As an experience, it really does a good job of keeping you on edge and you feel you're being stalked by Mr. Slederman every moment that he's present - He also does an amazingly good job of surprising you and popping out unexpectedly.

5) Scribblenauts Unlimited ($4.99) - Just a fun game to play and trying to be creative to find unusual solutions to problems is fairly entertaining. If you can think outside the box and don't want to go with the most obvious solution, you can amuse yourself a lot by coming up with funny ways to solve the problems.
#3BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 6/30/2014 2:29:31 AM
Just curious, did you copy paste this from another forum that you posted on?
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#4Spidey555Posted 6/30/2014 5:03:17 AM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Probably, most of the TC with these topics usually make them basically to brag.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#5Love_Me_SexyPosted 6/30/2014 8:11:06 AM
Spidey555 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Brag about what? Spending money on things they will never use or play? Awesome bragging rights to have a steam account that no one cares about full of games that will never be played?

I've never understood this fascination with collecting digital games that won't ever be used...
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#6MonkeymagePosted 6/30/2014 8:17:53 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...

Brag about what? Spending money on wattage they will never use? Awesome bragging rights to have a PSU that no one cares about that is rated to deliver wattage that will never be used?

I've never understood this fascination with paying for wattage that won't ever be used...
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#7Fade2black001Posted 6/30/2014 8:23:00 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Spidey555 posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Brag about what? Spending money on things they will never use or play? Awesome bragging rights to have a steam account that no one cares about full of games that will never be played?

I've never understood this fascination with collecting digital games that won't ever be used...

So true...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#8TheBorderColliePosted 6/30/2014 8:24:58 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...

Brag about what? Spending money on wattage they will never use? Awesome bragging rights to have a PSU that no one cares about that is rated to deliver wattage that will never be used?

I've never understood this fascination with paying for wattage that won't ever be used...

LMAO! Winner!

/thread
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#9POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 9:48:22 AM
Sooo... Bump to see if anyone doesn't wanna' be a dick...
#10Gnarkill03Posted 6/30/2014 9:50:20 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
Sooo... Bump to see if anyone doesn't wanna' be a dick...

It's GameFAQs, what did you expect?
---
The Gaming Marathon podcast: http://www.relmnetwork.com/#!gaming/cqmx