This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I fix "limited access" to my Internet which is Comcast

#11zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 10:48:39 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Try asking to be transferred to a level 2 tech - those are *usually* native English speakers at least, and if that doesn't work, ask to speak to a native speaker.

This.

Of done this with more companies than just comcast and only once has my request been rejected. (A do get resistance at some locations though) So worth it when compared to asking someone to repeat what they just said 15 times.

Thanks for the advice, I will let them know about this.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12monkmithPosted 6/30/2014 11:19:37 AM
ein311 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I'm pretty sure it's a Comcast problem mainly because our phones won't work now also.

If you have Comcast Digital Voice, the service relies on a functioning internet connection. Whenever I had that service and my internet connection went down, I'd immediately check my phone and if I had no dial tone, I knew the connection was down.

For me, it turned out that I was on a crappy connection and there was a ton of interference. The irritating thing was the techs that came out never checked anything beyond my connection to the house and replaced a few modems.
Comcast only checked on this matter when I moved my service to business class and had a business technician come out and do some connection readings, which resulted in a network trouble ticket being created. The connection is a whole lot better now than it used to be.

The only thing you can really do is contact Comcast whenever you have an outage and keep hounding them every time your internet goes down. Be polite in expressing your disappointment with the service but be relentless in telling them about your ongoing service problems. Keep a log that you can reference.
WIth Comcast's home internet packages, it is considered to be an "entertainment" service so you don't really have any sort of guaranteed availability, but if you continuously express how bad it is and have the information to back it up, you can usually get at least some sort of service credit.

thats not just limited to comcast, it seems like every IP has a **** tech help department. it took me 3 months of calling, waiting for appointments, technicians not fixing anything, and recalling for my IP to finally get their **** together and stop trying the same thing over and over again. ended up that one of the lines at the pole was bad, but i had to pretty much force them to check the pole before that was found.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#13Myself9Posted 6/30/2014 1:31:38 PM
....pay your bill??
---
I drink YOUR milkshake
VirtualHillClimb.com