This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help, Mouse is not working.

#1TheWarhammeronlPosted 6/30/2014 11:51:20 AM
So I got a mouse and it worked for a night and then stopped working.

It works on other people's computers, just not mine.

They sent me a replacement, and the replacement is doing the same thing.

What could be the problem? outdated drivers?
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#2kill2thisPosted 6/30/2014 12:06:03 PM
Tried a different mouse port on your own PC?
#3Fade2black001Posted 6/30/2014 12:08:09 PM
kill2this posted...
Tried a different mouse port on your own PC?

Boards only come with one PS/2 port on them. If the mouse is USB then try a different port. If it is a PS/2 mouse then yeah it could be your port is dead.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#4TheWarhammeronl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 12:13:11 PM
I have tried many ports, and I have used the port my old mouse works in.

It gets detected but It gets put in "Other devices" in device manager and says it has no drivers. I have tried every different way of updating the driver, and have had no luck.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#5TheWarhammeronl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 12:25:05 PM
The mouse fully lights up (like it's working) during the boot process, and then it shuts down once it hits desktop and does not work.
---
#6kill2thisPosted 6/30/2014 12:39:09 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

Boards only come with one PS/2 port on them. If the mouse is USB then try a different port. If it is a PS/2 mouse then yeah it could be your port is dead.

I assumed it was a USB mouse, why I typed mouse in that comment I don't know, do people seriously still use PS/2?
#7TheWarhammeronl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 12:59:19 PM
No one else has any advice? Is that not weird that it lights up during the booting process then stops?

And that It worked once for awhile but now It will not?
---
#8wildog2006Posted 6/30/2014 1:03:33 PM
Did you install the manufacturers drivers?
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#9TheWarhammeronl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 1:04:56 PM
wildog2006 posted...
Did you install the manufacturers drivers?

Yes, the ones on the disk the mouse came with, and even tried to update some of my motherboards drivers.

It should jut be plug and play, and actually, when it worked for the short time that it did, I had installed nothing.
---