This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started playing the Stalker Series and...

#1AshWilliams78Posted 6/30/2014 1:19:56 PM
WOW! These games rock! I decided to play each one with the Complete Mod since odds are most of the bugs would be fixed with it. Is there any talk if and when they'll start making more games for this series?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2CatToyPosted 6/30/2014 1:23:16 PM
There's a recent kickstarer for a Stalker like game.

Also Survarium.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3pwnater777Posted 6/30/2014 1:23:51 PM
Which would be the easiest for a lower-end PC to run? I'd love to play the series, but my ATI Radeon HD 5450 really stands in the way of a lot of games.

And there's a spiritual successor to the games that's up on Kickstarter, called Areal.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#4Ratchet611Posted 6/30/2014 1:30:51 PM(edited)
pwnater777 posted...
Which would be the easiest for a lower-end PC to run? I'd love to play the series, but my ATI Radeon HD 5450 really stands in the way of a lot of games.

And there's a spiritual successor to the games that's up on Kickstarter, called Areal.

I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat on an old machine using an AMD Athlon 3000+ and an ATi X1550 on medium-ish settings. I think that as long as you don't use mods, you should be fine playing either SoC or CoP. The games aren't really that demanding at all. Can't say anything for Clear Skies, however.
---
PC: FX-6100 | 8GB Patriot Gamer | HD 6870
Purple Team for the win!
#5pwnater777Posted 6/30/2014 1:34:39 PM
Ratchet611 posted...
pwnater777 posted...

I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat on an old machine using an AMD Athlon 3000+ and an ATi X1550 on medium-ish settings. I think that as long as you don't use mods, you should be fine playing either SoC or CoP. The games aren't really that demanding at all. Can't say anything for Clear Skies, however.

Thanks, Steam wishlist grows +1.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6shmirlywhirlPosted 6/30/2014 1:39:09 PM
Unfortunately I think another entry in the series is unlikely. I think the developer went bankrupt. The Kickstarter someone here mentioned was a fraud last I heard.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#7AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 1:43:29 PM
shmirlywhirl posted...
Unfortunately I think another entry in the series is unlikely. I think the developer went bankrupt. The Kickstarter someone here mentioned was a fraud last I heard.

Why Do so many awesome developers go bankrupt while crap companies like EA stay in business? I saddens me that I'll never see another Vampire The Masquerade or Stalker game again. :(
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#8Hi CPosted 6/30/2014 1:55:41 PM
Oblivion Lost mod is better than Complete for SoC. It's so much better optimized.
#9Hi CPosted 6/30/2014 2:00:41 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...

Why Do so many awesome developers go bankrupt while crap companies like EA stay in business? I saddens me that I'll never see another Vampire The Masquerade or Stalker game again. :(

Because publishers like EA and Activision are vampires feeding on the independents. If you accept their buyout they force you to change how you make games to appeal to the lowest common denominator. If you stay independent they give you s*** royalty deals, horrible deadlines with penalties, and bonus clauses like the Bethesda/metacritic one that almost bankrupt Obsidian and forced them to seek crowd funding to stay alive until they could secure more funding and projects.
#10ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/30/2014 2:11:57 PM
Get rid of the complete mods. They make the games way easier. You don't need them.