This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My fun time with a Cox "Tech" tonight.

#31Cool_Dude667Posted 6/30/2014 9:27:01 PM
mrtywer posted...
Sedated posted...
mrtywer posted...
Sedated posted...
Who wants to bet everything the OP is running speed tests on is connecting through wireless.

From outside, in the backyard.

With an I-phone 3 he wrapped in aluminum foil to better protect.

In the deep end of the pool.

On a intergalactic space faring super star destroyer
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#32pwnater777Posted 6/30/2014 9:27:12 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Did you download more ram

More RAM is always the solution to any PC problem.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#33TheMoonJumperPosted 6/30/2014 9:41:02 PM
Acts like a jerk...

wonders why she dropped the chat.

GG.
---
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold
#34LazyyAmericanPosted 6/30/2014 9:42:52 PM
Download more.ram kthxbai.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#35BannedMomPosted 6/30/2014 9:48:18 PM
lol allie b

maybe alli bangrahcopwef

tc is a CS major from a really cheap school if he uses live chat and expects anything.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
#36Treason686(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 4:54:29 PM
This is all pretty sad. Considering I've had issues in the past like this and 2-3 times they have been fixable over the online chat, I used it again. Every other time, the CS rep has been able to use their common sense and deviate from the script. I'm also certain they knew not to check if the customer was "loosing package" from a dead IP.

By the way, a service truck was on my street today, and the speeds are how they're supposed to be.

I'm also willing to bet my academic achievements trump 99 percent of the users here, considering this is my second degree, I've placed in national programming competitions, and I'm the VP of a national CS club's chapter at my Uni.

Unfortunately, I also have 9 years of customer service experience, which likely exceeds most any user of this forum. I do have a certain expectation when it comes to service, and it wasn't delivered. The fact that any fool would somehow justify this, regardless of the medium, is appalling. You can bet the transcript and a complaint was sent to corporate.

But sure, have fun at my expense. No skin off my back getting bullied by some internet tough guys.
---
I <3 segfault
#37TimePharaohPosted 7/1/2014 5:06:28 PM(edited)
-Needs internet chat support 4 time over (non-guaranteed) speeds, still doesn't know what to do
-Obsesses over the fact that the person made one typo in their entire communication, can't get over it
-Randomly throws out the fact he's getting a Comp Sci degree numerous times for no reason, not even remotely relevant, while managing to prove he doesn't understand computers, science, or common sense
-Tries to wave his e-peen on gamefaqs
-Thinks that working in customer service for 9 years is an accomplishment worth mentioning
-Gets upset at people for "making fun" of him when the entire purpose of the topic is a pathetic attempt to "make fun" of this person trying to help him, because the topic doesn't actually have a purpose other than him putting his derp on display

lol 10/10 topic please do more
#38datopgamerPosted 7/1/2014 6:23:45 PM
You have 9 years of experience yet you complain about a representative doing her job. She has to follow certain procedures before she can get a tech to look into the situation. So what if your close to getting your degree or are VP in a club. It means nothing if you don't have experience in the job field. I for one have been working for nearly 4 years as a technician and have been working on computers for over 13 years. I know how it is dealing with people who have no experience yet wanna complain because things didn't go their way. If you truly want the situation fixed have a technician come out. It'll be the fastest way.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#39Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/1/2014 7:45:58 PM
Sounds great, if I did live chat the first troubleshooting step would be to restart the computer.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#40wizardmonPosted 7/1/2014 8:01:17 PM
Treason686 posted...
I'm also willing to bet my academic achievements trump 99 percent of the users here

A lot of the usual posters here are actually professionals in the IT industry, which is worth a lot more than a degree with no real experience other than 'Customer Service'.

Wisely, most of the usuals are ignoring this thread because you are insufferable.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)