This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My fun time with a Cox "Tech" tonight.

#41mrtywerPosted 7/1/2014 8:16:17 PM
Treason686 posted...
This is all pretty sad. Considering I've had issues in the past like this and 2-3 times they have been fixable over the online chat, I used it again. Every other time, the CS rep has been able to use their common sense and deviate from the script. I'm also certain they knew not to check if the customer was "loosing package" from a dead IP.

By the way, a service truck was on my street today, and the speeds are how they're supposed to be.

I'm also willing to bet my academic achievements trump 99 percent of the users here, considering this is my second degree, I've placed in national programming competitions, and I'm the VP of a national CS club's chapter at my Uni.

Unfortunately, I also have 9 years of customer service experience, which likely exceeds most any user of this forum. I do have a certain expectation when it comes to service, and it wasn't delivered. The fact that any fool would somehow justify this, regardless of the medium, is appalling. You can bet the transcript and a complaint was sent to corporate.

But sure, have fun at my expense. No skin off my back getting bullied by some internet tough guys.

1/10, please try harder.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#42SedatedPosted 7/1/2014 9:47:34 PM
Treason686 posted...
You can bet the transcript and a complaint was sent to corporate..

And you can bet that not a single crap will be given by anyone. At best your "harshly worded letter" will have as much impact as....

"Hey Bill, check out this one... you think he mad? lol :D "

Bill: " lol Yeah, he mad ^^ "
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#43Treason686(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:52:21 PM
Sedated posted...
And you can bet that not a single crap will be given by anyone. At best your "harshly worded letter" will have as much impact as....

"Hey Bill, check out this one... you think he mad? lol :D "

Bill: " lol Yeah, he mad ^^ "

Nah, got me a free month of internet. Worked out just fine. Thanks for proving my point earlier.

wizardmon posted...
Treason686 posted...
I'm also willing to bet my academic achievements trump 99 percent of the users here

A lot of the usual posters here are actually professionals in the IT industry, which is worth a lot more than a degree with no real experience other than 'Customer Service'.

Wisely, most of the usuals are ignoring this thread because you are insufferable.

A lot of the usual posters are like TimePharaoh, who somehow hasn't been banned from GameFAQs after many years. I've frequented this board for quite a long time, and most don't work in IT. I am not proud of my customer service experience, but it's relevant to this topic.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm some IT expert, regardless of my retail experience selling tech and fixing PCs. I will say I can diagnose and fix PCs as good as anyone, though.

I'm not sure why I'm insufferable. I suppose someone did a great job of making me look bad. They then called me stupid, and then everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. Then, when I say I've got academic credentials, it makes me look even worse. It's pretty funny how that works. Someone calls me stupid, but they use the right language in their insult, and now I'm the bad person for receiving crummy customer service.

This is all anonymous, of course. So I don't frankly care what the opinion of me is. I know I'm better than most of the users in this forum. Yes, I said it. Yes, it's true.

datopgamer posted...
You have 9 years of experience yet you complain about a representative doing her job. She has to follow certain procedures before she can get a tech to look into the situation. So what if your close to getting your degree or are VP in a club. It means nothing if you don't have experience in the job field. I for one have been working for nearly 4 years as a technician and have been working on computers for over 13 years. I know how it is dealing with people who have no experience yet wanna complain because things didn't go their way. If you truly want the situation fixed have a technician come out. It'll be the fastest way.

My experience is largely computer related. I've got quite a bit of experience with technical support. Her procedure was to get me off the chat as quickly as possible.

Personally, I've likely fixed a thousand or more computers for software issues. I admittedly don't know the first thing about how the internet works in the big picture. I'll be taking a class on networks my senior year. I do know that this particular customer service rep typed two sentences that weren't scripted. They happened to be:

Allie B.: Need to do the ping test.

Allie B.: To make sure you are not loosing package.

They didn't know how to spell lose (Don't give me that typo crap, people misspell that word all the time on the interwebz), and they didn't know they were called packets, not "package." (singular, right? The internet works on one giant package.) So forgive me for not having a high opinion of this individual.

I'm not sure what you working as a technician means. It's incredibly broad. You could be a tech who works on powerlines for all I know, giving you absolutely zero credibility when it comes to this subject.
---
I <3 segfault
#44datopgamerPosted 7/3/2014 10:41:07 PM
So you have a lot of experience with tech support but don't realize you usually follow certain procedures to determine the problem. You'd be surprised how many times I've talked with someone about a technical problem and they say they did a certain step which when I went over there and actually did the step it fixed the problem. How are they to know what steps you followed through and how are they to know if you actually did the steps? You might have dealt with tech support on a small scale but imagine how it is when dealing with thousands of customers. Then you want to criticize her for making a small error in spelling, which honestly isn't a big deal considering anyone with any computer knowledge could understand what she was trying to say. I'll tell you this, if you want your internet fixed the first thing you need to do is talk to the basic support and follow their steps. Only then will they get you to a technician to try and fix your problem.

As for my credibility, my current job title is a Network/PC Support Technician. While I've only been working here for a few years I have dealt with thousands of issues, hardware and software. This does include internet service, where believe it or not they tell me they have done each step I try to walk them through. That's the reason why they have scripted things they have to go through because 9/10 a person doesn't do exactly what they tell you they did. Honestly if you truly have the experience you have you should've politely followed the steps. Also when dealing with internet problems it's best to call instead of using chat support as they will almost always reboot your modem. Just a little info for the next time you are having issues. Good to see you got a free month of internet, shows they don't wanna lose you as a customer.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#45LazyyAmericanPosted 7/3/2014 10:49:05 PM
This thread still going? So you had a lousy cs experience....we've all been there /thread
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#46vashtrichamPosted 7/3/2014 10:58:58 PM
TC blurting out a bunch of bs now
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#47OUberLordPosted 7/3/2014 11:39:52 PM
Treason686 posted...
I'm not going to pretend that I'm some IT expert / I'm not sure why I'm insufferable

Treason686 posted...
I know I'm better than most of the users in this forum. Yes, I said it. Yes, it's true.

This sure is a mystery. If only there were clues.

If you had anywhere near the experience you've stated, you wouldn't be nearly this upset. If you do have the experience you stated and you're still this upset, you're clearly in the wrong field.
#48ATARIJAWAPosted 7/4/2014 1:01:12 AM
TC sums up the E for Entitlement generation pretty nicely. He must get punched in the face a lot.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#49M DAMAGEPosted 7/4/2014 2:09:04 AM
OUberLord posted...
Treason686 posted...
I'm not going to pretend that I'm some IT expert / I'm not sure why I'm insufferable

Treason686 posted...
I know I'm better than most of the users in this forum. Yes, I said it. Yes, it's true.

This sure is a mystery. If only there were clues.

If you had anywhere near the experience you've stated, you wouldn't be nearly this upset. If you do have the experience you stated and you're still this upset, you're clearly in the wrong field.

Dang people are going all Phoenix Wright on his ass with deductive reasoning and such.

Nerds bullying other nerds has a certain eloquence to it that I find lacking in other forms. I'm a nerd too of course.

In this case, I concur with the majority in this topic and the rebuking of TC appears to be justified.

We all make mistakes TC. I've acted like a douche many times while thinking I was right about something. Such is life. Win some and lose some.
#50SedatedPosted 7/4/2014 2:52:09 AM(edited)
What TC still really seems to be failing to grasp is that he used a live chat which connected him to another human; through his internet connection, so he could have troubleshooting done on said Internet.

TC then rages when the representative "closes" the chat on him, never once considering the reason he was kicked from the chat was because his Internet is not currently working properly.

Real Einstein this one is
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.