This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today my friend showed me this, Glenn Beck makes a stupid claim about a game..

#1Critcal50Posted 7/1/2014 12:52:54 AM
I dont really keep up with news and politics and political speakers and stuff, but my friend showed me this video. Probably dumbest thing I've ever heard in the controversy of video games making people violent, and training you to do things.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/30/5763922/glenn-beck-watch-dogs-hack-ubisoft

Skip about maybe halfway in, and he starts talking about Watch Dogs. I've never played it, but I'm pretty sure it goes nowhere near the complicated coding and such that goes into hacking. its simply press a key to do this.
#2TheSchrefPosted 7/1/2014 12:53:37 AM
Please, don't give that idiot anymore undeserved attention.
#3Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 12:53:41 AM
I realize not many people may care or this may be old, but I just felt like sharing it..
#4Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 12:54:16 AM
TheSchref posted...
Please, don't give that idiot anymore undeserved attention.

Lolol I couldnt believe the stupidity of his claim
#5BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 7/1/2014 1:14:47 AM
I remember reading about this when it first happened and couldn't help but facepalm. While watching the video, I was cringing the whole way through. This guy is an idiot.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#6ein311Posted 7/1/2014 1:26:46 AM
Glenn Beck gon' Beck

He makes his money fear mongering.

When he isn't spending his time making Da Vinci Code-esque correlations to world events to prove Obama's the antichrist, or crying about how his good American values are being taken over by fascist Communists, he's busy trying to tell parents that their kids are out raping and murdering because what they watch on TV told them to do so.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#7SpazH3dPosted 7/1/2014 1:39:02 AM
Yeah that's a good word, a fear monger. I doubt he knows jacks*** about the game. Do you suddenly become a master hacker by pressing X or A on a controller? He certainly thinks so. And how can a game train for you using a real weapon? God damn.
---
- My vision is augmented
#8ein311Posted 7/1/2014 1:50:17 AM
SpazH3d posted...
I doubt he knows jacks*** about the game. Do you suddenly become a master hacker by pressing X or A on a controller? He certainly thinks so.

He doesn't have to know anything about this game or video games in particular, because the people that watch him and take him seriously just regurgitate what he says and spreads what he says to their friends.
He uses scare tactics to relate how hacking in that game can affect you personally, which freaks people out, and they are too scared to even do 2 minutes of research to realize that hacking in the game comprises of pressing a button.

He knows his audience and he knows how to keep them listening to him. He has them afraid of everything and wants to ensure they keep paying him money so they can listen to his broadcast and keep finding out what they need to be scared of today.

He's kind of like Dr. Oz, except instead of finding out what pill to take this week, you watch to find out when China's going to take your job.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#9Blobs_Posted 7/1/2014 2:05:36 AM
Yes glenn beck is a silly, silly man. I thought we all knew this.
---
is haha
#10DaedalusExPosted 7/1/2014 3:05:07 AM
I've always wondered if these folks actually believe what they spew or if they're just saying what their audience wants to hear for the $$$.