This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to start Skyrim, what to expect or bear in mind?

#1ClassicRichPosted 7/1/2014 9:52:52 AM
Anything that would enhance the feeling? It's the first time with any Bethesda or Elder Scrolls game, and I heard this game is a big deal.
---
POLAR BEARS.
#2Lemur_HPosted 7/1/2014 9:54:22 AM
There is definitely a bear fight early in the game.

Go in plain right now. Get a feel for the game and see what is up with it before you start modding it.
#3Orestes417Posted 7/1/2014 9:55:06 AM
Start with the unofficial patches, the HD texture pack, SKSE, and most probably you'll want SkyUI too. Beyond that Play the game and tweak as you see fit.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#4Lemur_HPosted 7/1/2014 9:55:42 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Start with the unofficial patches, the HD texture pack, SKSE, and most probably you'll want SkyUI too. Beyond that Play the game and tweak as you see fit.

Derp. I forgot about SkyUI.
#5ClassicRich(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 9:56:34 AM
More than anything I want to know what to expect when I start the game or if there's anything that will enhance the overall feeling. But thanks for the recommendations!
---
POLAR BEARS.
#6ThePCElitistPosted 7/1/2014 9:56:35 AM
The first troll you see in game will kick your ass and it was put there on purpose to prove that you aren't as powerful as you think you are.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#7Orestes417Posted 7/1/2014 9:57:22 AM
Expect chatty nords for a good 5 minutes.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#8Lemur_HPosted 7/1/2014 9:58:23 AM
You can get an alternate start mod to skip all the intro BS and then be confused about where to go and what to do.
#9wizardmonPosted 7/1/2014 10:00:51 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
The first troll you see in game will kick your ass and it was put there on purpose to prove that you aren't as powerful as you think you are.

Use a fire spell/enchantment and watch the troll fall over dead real fast.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#10Orestes417Posted 7/1/2014 10:03:13 AM
I'd also highly recommend pickpocketing if you're a pack rat. you get a nice bonus to what you can carry. Oh and there's a godly mod that'll reduce the weight of dragon bones for you. You'll come to understand that problem soon enough.
---