This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to start Skyrim, what to expect or bear in mind?

#11ThePCElitistPosted 7/1/2014 9:04:13 AM
wizardmon posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
The first troll you see in game will kick your ass and it was put there on purpose to prove that you aren't as powerful as you think you are.

Use a fire spell/enchantment and watch the troll fall over dead real fast.

A first time player most likely will not know this beforehand. They will think they can run up to it and kill it like everything else leading up to that point. Then they're killed in seconds.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#12Lemur_HPosted 7/1/2014 9:05:06 AM
Orestes417 posted...
I'd also highly recommend pickpocketing if you're a pack rat. you get a nice bonus to what you can carry. Oh and there's a godly mod that'll reduce the weight of dragon bones for you. You'll come to understand that problem soon enough.

+1 +1 +1
#13thatfool12GsPosted 7/1/2014 9:07:04 AM
Dim the lights..light a few candles..wear some sexy lingerie..that should get you in the mood
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#14r0ge00Posted 7/1/2014 9:07:38 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
A first time player most likely will not know this beforehand. They will think they can run up to it and kill it like everything else leading up to that point. Then they're killed in seconds.

Anyone with a passing interest in high fantasy knows that you kill trolls with fire.
#15AshWilliams78Posted 7/1/2014 9:09:36 AM
Lemur_H posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Start with the unofficial patches, the HD texture pack, SKSE, and most probably you'll want SkyUI too. Beyond that Play the game and tweak as you see fit.

Derp. I forgot about SkyUI.

No matter what Mod you use Make sure and get the Unofficial Patches for the main game and the DLC's It fixes so many bugs that I can't recommend them enough.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#16ClassicRich(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 9:15:04 AM
Cool, oh and I dimmed the lights and got em candles. I don't have a lingerie in hand unfortunately.
When I encounter the problems I'll check the mods you mentioned!
Also now I know how to beat the troll, assuming I get to understand how to get fire enchanments at that moment :D
---
POLAR BEARS.
#17BogePosted 7/1/2014 9:16:32 AM
Expect about 5 voices. You'll hear the same one from many different NPCs.

Expect to not remember any of the characters. They're all so very forgetful.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#18Lemur_HPosted 7/1/2014 9:17:37 AM
If they're unofficial patches, they may work best with a new save.

Otherwise the damage may already be done.
#19mattcorley1212Posted 7/1/2014 9:21:03 AM
Save constantly just incase you get into a quest that bugs out, or you get stuck in a mountain.
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
Steam ID~Matthewcorley
#20TimePharaohPosted 7/1/2014 9:22:17 AM
It's a video game. Play it. Jesus this is an embarrassing topic.