This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the correct way to install new video card drivers?

#1soccerj75Posted 7/1/2014 5:12:30 PM
Is there any special way to install new video card drivers? Do I need to delete my current video card drivers then download and install the new drivers right afterward?
#2MrTunaPosted 7/1/2014 5:13:38 PM
no
---
Playing: Link Between Worlds | Fire Emblem Awakening
3DS FC: 0619 - 5150 - 4796
#3ShubPosted 7/1/2014 5:14:48 PM
Assuming you aren't changing the video card itself, you just download the new drivers and install them. If you start having problems, then it's another story.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4soccerj75(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 5:16:02 PM
Shub posted...
Assuming you aren't changing the video card itself, you just download the new drivers and install them. If you start having problems, then it's another story.
Thanks, do i just go to device manager, look for my video card, then update from there, or just go to Nvidia's website and download the drivers there?
#5JsReznorPosted 7/1/2014 5:20:36 PM
Do it through Nvidia's site.
#6godplaysSNESPosted 7/1/2014 5:22:11 PM
Nvidia's drivers give you the option to do a "clean install", which automatically removes the old drivers before installing the new ones.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#7LordSeiferPosted 7/1/2014 5:22:16 PM
download drivers
double click on the exe, hit next several times
---
^ this
#8soccerj75(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 5:23:56 PM
Thanks for the help, everybody. Much appreciated :)
#9TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 7/1/2014 6:07:16 PM
Since you're using Nvidia, I would recommend GeForce Experience. It has a driver update feature and does a good job of getting rid of the old drivers and installing the new ones. It also has a handful of other features which you may find useful.
---
Steam: Sydite
#10monkmithPosted 7/1/2014 6:12:31 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Since you're using Nvidia, I would recommend GeForce Experience. It has a driver update feature and does a good job of getting rid of the old drivers and installing the new ones. It also has a handful of other features which you may find useful.

this, plus it tells you every time an update drops.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.