This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the correct way to install new video card drivers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the correct way to install new video card drivers?
1 year ago#1
Is there any special way to install new video card drivers? Do I need to delete my current video card drivers then download and install the new drivers right afterward?
1 year ago#2
no
---
Playing: Link Between Worlds | Fire Emblem Awakening
3DS FC: 0619 - 5150 - 4796
1 year ago#3
Assuming you aren't changing the video card itself, you just download the new drivers and install them. If you start having problems, then it's another story.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#4
Shub posted...
Assuming you aren't changing the video card itself, you just download the new drivers and install them. If you start having problems, then it's another story.
Thanks, do i just go to device manager, look for my video card, then update from there, or just go to Nvidia's website and download the drivers there?
1 year ago#5
Do it through Nvidia's site.
1 year ago#6
Nvidia's drivers give you the option to do a "clean install", which automatically removes the old drivers before installing the new ones.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
1 year ago#7
download drivers
double click on the exe, hit next several times
---
^ this
1 year ago#8
Thanks for the help, everybody. Much appreciated :)
1 year ago#9
Since you're using Nvidia, I would recommend GeForce Experience. It has a driver update feature and does a good job of getting rid of the old drivers and installing the new ones. It also has a handful of other features which you may find useful.
---
Steam: Sydite
1 year ago#10
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Since you're using Nvidia, I would recommend GeForce Experience. It has a driver update feature and does a good job of getting rid of the old drivers and installing the new ones. It also has a handful of other features which you may find useful.

this, plus it tells you every time an update drops.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the correct way to install new video card drivers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived