This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Developers really have to stop pandering to these idiots.

#1Padraigo52Posted 7/1/2014 6:48:01 PM
Just saw in the news feed today "Farcry 4 is packed to the gills with women"

Like that is such a major feature that gamers are so interested in.

All these announcements of "We have gay people" "We have a 50-50 ration of black and white people in our game"

They are just pandering to attention seeking morons who had ZERO intention of buying the game in the first place, who honestly just wanted to stir a pot of ****.

Majority of gamers honestly could care less about trivial bs like that. I dont play the game to be represented as a race, color, sexuality or gender.

Can developers go back to making actual quality games instead of trying to run for president.
#2Orestes417Posted 7/1/2014 6:50:30 PM
I half agree. They need to lay off the stunt diversity and just present things as a natural part of the story. I'd kill to see a game roll with a gay lead character that doesn't make a big deal of it in the slightest.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3NingishzidaPosted 7/1/2014 7:00:10 PM
Padraigo52 posted...
I dont play the game to be represented as a race, color, sexuality or gender.

Neither do I, but then, I'm a white, straight, Western male who has had the fortune of games being tailored almost exclusively to me, since day one.
#42Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 7/1/2014 7:06:22 PM
Why even have people in games? Everyone should be rectangles like in Thomas Was Alone.
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#5FallowHorizonPosted 7/1/2014 7:15:43 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Why even have people in games? Everyone should be rectangles like in Thomas Was Alone.

I like the way this guy thinks.
---
Abandoning our oath to the sword, another victim lost to the leaf.
I think I'll stay for a while. Lotus leaves, taste so, so sweet.
#6BogePosted 7/1/2014 7:15:44 PM
I couldn't care less about any of that stupid crap. It's all about the game, great story, characters, fun gameplay, etc. I'm a white man myself, but I highly enjoyed playing as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, and Lee Everett in The Walking Dead. It shouldn't matter what color, gender, religion, or even species they are! If they're a good character, that's what matters.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#7RosencroitzPosted 7/1/2014 7:19:35 PM
Padraigo52 posted...
could care less

---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#8SteamsterPosted 7/1/2014 8:34:50 PM
Padraigo52 posted...

Stopped reading here

Please God let this be true or my preorder is about to be cancelled
#9LvthnPosted 7/1/2014 8:42:10 PM
I don't care how many females Ubisoft has in its games, really, but this is one of the derpiest PR statements ever. Just like in life!
#10Padraigo52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 8:45:05 PM
Steamster posted...
Padraigo52 posted...

Stopped reading here

Please God let this be true or my preorder is about to be cancelled

Yeh just like you canceled your Tomodachi Life preorder because it didnt have same sex relationships, rite?

Keep walking, buddy.