This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Developers really have to stop pandering to these idiots.

#31Darkcloud20Posted 7/2/2014 5:56:17 AM
Does stuff like this actually help sales? The equal right trolls will find something to complain anyways and you have those idiots on the other side that don't play games where you play a female or black character. There where many of these people with San Andreas that refused to play it because the main character is black.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#32akuma634Posted 7/2/2014 6:05:15 AM
Who's pandering to what? I'd prefer games to take more chances. Most videogames are white dude's saving the world. What does it hurt by having women, gays, and minorities in the lead role? I'd hardly consider that pandering. Plus, it has no direct impact on how good or bad the gameplay is.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#33phy2jshPosted 7/2/2014 6:06:00 AM
Wow, don't be so misogynistic, TC. Women have just as much right to be shot in the face as men. If you don't allow women to be shot in the face, how are they ever going to thrive and achieve equality? Really, people need to use their brains more, like me.
#34Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/2/2014 6:08:47 AM
Women add flavor to any games.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#35mycousinvinniePosted 7/2/2014 6:12:43 AM
akuma634 posted...
Who's pandering to what? I'd prefer games to take more chances. Most videogames are white dude's saving the world. What does it hurt by having women, gays, and minorities in the lead role? I'd hardly consider that pandering. Plus, it has no direct impact on how good or bad the gameplay is.

they shouldn't have to outright say they are gay, a character doesn't have to be flamboyent to be gay, a well written character can work for both sexualities
#36ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/2/2014 6:41:24 AM(edited)
I agree. I don't think developers or any artists should be forced to cater to any group. Race and gender are only the first layer the actual character themselves is what matters.

Example, Franklin from GTA V. We have the same race and gender but past that there was really nothing more about his character I actually liked. But GTA V is a highly acclaimed game. Now take Sazh from Final Fantasy 13, I could relate to him. He was the moral compass of his group. And when everyone else wanted to give up he was one of the few people who kept it together. But Final Fantasy 13 is considered a bad game. Which it kind of is but the point I'm trying to make is race and gender don't make your character unique.

Lee from The Walking Dead was another great character. But that is because he was well written. Lara Croft, Samus, and Jade are all good characters but that is because of how they are written and the quality of their games not to just seem politically correct.

Lastly, I'm a writer and enjoy writing stories. I'm open to suggestions but in the end I will write my story however I want. It is unfair to the creator to have their vision and work of art changed into something they didn't originally want just to appeal to someone else.
---
Valar morghulis
#37kidflash92103Posted 7/2/2014 4:27:09 PM
Consider Final Fantasy X. Not a single character in that game was defined by their sexuality, though there were multiple different relationships in it.

However, if they had changed Yuna's gender, and nothing else, would people still have loved it? Or would it have been considered "pandering"? The romantic relationship between Tidus and Yuna wasn't the focal point of the story, it wasn't in your face, and it was tastefully done. It just happened to be between a male and a female. Because that is the standard.

Be honest with yourselves, if Yuna had been male, would you still have enjoyed the game as much?
#38Damiand77Posted 7/2/2014 6:47:18 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I just really hate the pandering to the LGBT community in games.

I hate pandering to whiny feminists.
#39DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 8:39:42 PM
TBH, far cry 4 will probably be just as misogynistic as 3 was.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#40LazyyAmericanPosted 7/2/2014 8:47:05 PM
I love the word pandering....in the last 24 hours I've probably seen it more then in my entire life.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity