This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my budget build!

#11almightydun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 4:40:20 PM
WilIDearborn posted...
What model PSU?

Ultra LSP 550w
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#12iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/2/2014 4:52:15 PM
I would get a bigger PSU, just in case you ever decide to upgrade. I suggest something between 650-750.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#13almightydun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:01:06 PM
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
I would get a bigger PSU, just in case you ever decide to upgrade. I suggest something between 650-750.

Yeah when i decide down the line to crossfire or upgrade the CPU that's the first thing to upgrade but i got a smokin deal on the 550 and with the calculater I used it seems like it shoul handle my rig even oc'd right now.

However I waffled on that choice for a while....
---
#14iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/2/2014 5:11:33 PM
Are you planning to dual/triple screen when you crossfire? (This might sound like a stupid question >_>)
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#15WilIDearbornPosted 7/2/2014 5:16:23 PM
almightydun posted...
Ultra LSP 550w

Eh...should have gotten something else. Not a quality unit. Don't cheap out on PSU, man. It's a component that can take others with it to the grave and can be used for multiple builds.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#16almightydun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:23:56 PM
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
Are you planning to dual/triple screen when you crossfire? (This might sound like a stupid question >_>)

I would NOT call tht a stupid question! And my answer for now is no. I am mostly using this unit attached to my tv for a monitor and plan to stream content throughout the house. Dow the line however dual/triple screens is an option, depending in my wife's needs as she is starting a business and may have good use for it.
---
#17almightydun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:25:24 PM
WilIDearborn posted...
almightydun posted...
Ultra LSP 550w

Eh...should have gotten something else. Not a quality unit. Don't cheap out on PSU, man. It's a component that can take others with it to the grave and can be used for multiple builds.

Yeah I waffled big on this one but the reviews seemed positive. Hopefully I don't eat those words....
---
#18almightydun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:37:12 PM
Oh just for fun here is some pics of the build

http://imgur.com/a/girLJ

These were taken right after i completed the buil before wire cleanup.
---
#19ThePonyColliePosted 7/2/2014 5:45:24 PM
This is a great build but I voted 1 because AMD.
---
No Steam, no buy.