This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my budget build!

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my budget build!
11 months ago#11
WilIDearborn posted...
What model PSU?

Ultra LSP 550w
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
11 months ago#12
I would get a bigger PSU, just in case you ever decide to upgrade. I suggest something between 650-750.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
11 months ago#13
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
I would get a bigger PSU, just in case you ever decide to upgrade. I suggest something between 650-750.

Yeah when i decide down the line to crossfire or upgrade the CPU that's the first thing to upgrade but i got a smokin deal on the 550 and with the calculater I used it seems like it shoul handle my rig even oc'd right now.

However I waffled on that choice for a while....
---
11 months ago#14
Are you planning to dual/triple screen when you crossfire? (This might sound like a stupid question >_>)
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
11 months ago#15
almightydun posted...
Ultra LSP 550w

Eh...should have gotten something else. Not a quality unit. Don't cheap out on PSU, man. It's a component that can take others with it to the grave and can be used for multiple builds.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
11 months ago#16
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
Are you planning to dual/triple screen when you crossfire? (This might sound like a stupid question >_>)

I would NOT call tht a stupid question! And my answer for now is no. I am mostly using this unit attached to my tv for a monitor and plan to stream content throughout the house. Dow the line however dual/triple screens is an option, depending in my wife's needs as she is starting a business and may have good use for it.
---
11 months ago#17
WilIDearborn posted...
almightydun posted...
Ultra LSP 550w

Eh...should have gotten something else. Not a quality unit. Don't cheap out on PSU, man. It's a component that can take others with it to the grave and can be used for multiple builds.

Yeah I waffled big on this one but the reviews seemed positive. Hopefully I don't eat those words....
---
11 months ago#18
Oh just for fun here is some pics of the build

http://imgur.com/a/girLJ

These were taken right after i completed the buil before wire cleanup.
---
11 months ago#19
This is a great build but I voted 1 because AMD.
---
No Steam, no buy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my budget build!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived