This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the AMD FX 6300 bad for gaming?

#51DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 5:55:23 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Having no standards isn't the same has having no issues.

Now this is just a stubborn response.

You must be unfamiliar with pengu1n.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#52iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/2/2014 5:59:34 PM
WyzeGye posted...
I enjoy civ 5 thoroughly with my 6300.

Come at me bro

He's going to respond with "your anecdote" does not carry weight compared to benchmarks. Don't feed him. Just ignore someone who doesn't read thoroughly and critically analyze an argument. Basically he doesn't interpret our points accurately. If someone doesn't understand let me use an analogy: it's like using chopsticks to eat soup.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#53WyzeGyePosted 7/2/2014 6:39:57 PM(edited)
Do you have your soup/chopsticks benchmarks to back that up? Otherwise your anecdotal analogy means nothing
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg [My Rig + Specs] - - - - http://youtu.be/cfh4MK6kW3w
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#54iscareu13Posted 7/2/2014 6:55:40 PM
These threads always hit me in the wrong way.

I am still using an AMD Phenom II x3 720 at stock speeds with a 4770 512mb running 1080p. Guess what? I can still play SC2 on high settings with 30+ FPS in large fights. I am tired of these benchmark scores being thrown around...

"Hey, let's put 400 marines against 400 lings and see what wins"
Two minutes later
"Oh, looks like that AMD processor dropped to 20 FPS during that fight"

I would certainly notice an improvement by upgrading to a recent Intel processor, but it isn't something I currently need. I am not someone who plays the most recent demanding games or needs 120 FPS.

I am just saying the way people perceive AMD being crap is crap. Intel certainly gives you better results on medium to high end builds, but AMD isn't crap.
#55DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 7:28:32 PM
iscareu13 posted...

I am still using an AMD Phenom II x3 720 at stock speeds with a 4770 512mb running 1080p. Guess what? I can still play SC2 on high settings with 30+ FPS in large fights. I am tired of these benchmark scores being thrown around...

Two minutes later

I would certainly notice an improvement by upgrading to a recent Intel processor, but it isn't something I currently need. I am not someone who plays the most recent demanding games or needs 120 FPS.

I am just saying the way people perceive AMD being crap is crap. Intel certainly gives you better results on medium to high end builds, but AMD isn't crap.

I don't think your definition of a large fight is anyone else's definition of a large fight.
Even 1v1, my 4ghz AMD processor chugged down to ~20fps when spamming out carriers.
---
#56iscareu13Posted 7/2/2014 7:47:00 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
iscareu13 posted...

Two minutes later

I don't think your definition of a large fight is anyone else's definition of a large fight.
Even 1v1, my 4ghz AMD processor chugged down to ~20fps when spamming out carriers.

My point exactly.
#57IntegnosPosted 7/2/2014 7:54:47 PM
4 years ago, I told people that a 6-core Phenom II was a waste of money for gaming purposes. Most games back then barely supported 3 cores. 4 years later, most games barely support 4 cores.

A 6300 FX has the performance of an overclocked 6-core Phenom II, released 4 years later. Think about that for a second.
#58VALikimlavPosted 7/2/2014 8:15:24 PM
It's a great CPU. I play every game I want on it perfectly fine.
---
Xbox Live, Steam, PSN, NNID: VALikimlav
3DS Friend Code: 2079-6916-4145
#59DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/2/2014 8:52:07 PM
iscareu13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
iscareu13 posted...

Two minutes later

My point exactly.

That's a pretty normal thing to happen. In a decent size game, that basically means if anyone is playing protoss and gets air, you're ****ed.
---
#60saltedhamPosted 7/2/2014 11:24:54 PM
listen to the guys saying get an i5. i went amd a few years back, phenom x4 955 3.2, and now its biting me in the ass. resident evil 4's audio messes up. with its updates the game got more cpu intensive. have to rollback to version 1.0.2 and live with bugs.
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!