This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy crap FTL....

#11pothocketPosted 7/2/2014 7:46:53 AM
I don't think you can compare FTL to other roguelikes...
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#12SteamsterPosted 7/2/2014 7:49:36 AM
kelemvor posted...
Wait a few months for Binding of Isaac to get the advanced edition remake, then try that out. It's more action based but you'll like it.

Or you might not. Isaac and FTL play nothing alike.

I don't personally know many games like FTL. It seems pretty unique to me outside of having roguelike elements (which says basically nothing nowadays).
#13chandl34Posted 7/2/2014 8:23:32 AM
Desktop Dungeons is a great puzzle rogue-like. I was addicted that for 2-3 weeks. They've got the free alpha available on their website, if you'd like to try it first.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#14happyscrub1Posted 7/2/2014 8:48:06 AM
pothocket posted...
I don't think you can compare FTL to other roguelikes...

---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
#15kelemvorPosted 7/2/2014 8:58:05 AM
Steamster posted...
kelemvor posted...
Wait a few months for Binding of Isaac to get the advanced edition remake, then try that out. It's more action based but you'll like it.

Or you might not. Isaac and FTL play nothing alike.

I don't personally know many games like FTL. It seems pretty unique to me outside of having roguelike elements (which says basically nothing nowadays).

Closest game to FTL I can think of is maybe Oregon Trail or something.

And yes, Isaac is very different but I have around 150 hours in both games. They appeal to the same crowd. I recommend a 360 game pad though.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#16SteamsterPosted 7/2/2014 9:01:23 AM
kelemvor posted...
And yes, Isaac is very different but I have around 150 hours in both games. They appeal to the same crowd.

Eh, I disagree.

No biggie.
#17paramite12Posted 7/2/2014 9:19:00 AM
FTL rules. If you own an ipad, it's a must buy for it. Another game that's kind of like it is called "Out There" but it's for ios not PC.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#18BigRhinoXPosted 7/2/2014 11:05:12 AM
It's still in it's beta stage, and still has some annoying bugs in it, but definitely check out "Pixel Piracy" when you can. It's definitely going to be a great game. You can build your ship, hire your crew, buy weapons, sale to islands or into boats to fight and loot. It's definitely not as polished as FTL, but I can see it becoming as great with a bit more work.

I'm surprised "Pixel Piracy" hasn't been mentioned.
---
Live Gamertag: BigRhinoX86
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3997-3309
#19TheEntitledOnePosted 7/2/2014 11:06:52 AM
Ikari Gendo posted...
The two other roguelikes I play are Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy, but from a gameplay standpoint, they aren't quite like FTL.

You don't want to have Shadow catching you calling those games roguelikes, he'll have an heart attack.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#20ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/2/2014 11:07:00 AM
Ikari Gendo posted...
The two other roguelikes I play are Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy, but from a gameplay standpoint, they aren't quite like FTL.

Those aren't roguelikes. FTL isn't either.