This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you personally ever had any problems with AMD Drivers?

#51SlashmanSGPosted 7/3/2014 7:48:48 AM
No, but I only had my AMD card for about 4 months before I got an Nvidia. Did have problems with Nvidia's drivers for about 9 months because they'd constantly cause BSODs for me, but they're fine now.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#52Knighted Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 10:58:14 AM
Bump, still seeing people talking about AMD drivers and this topic and poll definitely seem to imply that there's not any more of a problem with them than Nvidia, and most people never had a problem at all
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#53MarikhenPosted 7/6/2014 2:59:12 PM
Just what exactly defines a "generation" here? I mean sometime around 2009 or 2010 I had some issues with AMD's official drivers causing my system to BSOD while playing EVE Online, but I was an already outdated x1650 AGP card.

Then again it was a Diamond card that ran hot and had a tendency to BSOD while gaming with two monitors active so I can't really guarantee that it was the drivers and not the card. That is except to say that the problem only showed up when using AMD's drivers, not the Omega tweaked drivers I'd been using for awhile, and disappeared from the official drivers by the end of the year.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#54MaKhaosPosted 7/6/2014 3:03:22 PM
Almost 2 years now with my Sapphire Radeon HD7770. No problems with any AMD drivers.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#55Da HuiPosted 7/9/2014 8:15:54 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
The only clear problem I can remember having was with Rage (with an HD 5770)

AMD also doesn't support its older GPUs for as long as Nvidia does. It's quite terrible that AMD only supports Win8.1 on the HD 5000 series and later, whereas Nvidia supports it all the way back to the Geforce 8 series

I had the same issues on Rage with my 4890. Also, load times for Bad Company 2 were incredibly long and found out it was AMD drivers rather than the game itself. I ended up switching to Nvidia since Battlefield 3 came out and never had a driver issue since.
---
Don't **** with Da Hui
#56dementedlullabyPosted 7/9/2014 8:35:12 AM
Had to manually scale my TV screen, easy fix. But didn't have to do so with my 780.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#57GoIrish80Posted 7/9/2014 9:08:08 AM(edited)
Ever? I'm having a problem with them right now.

I have a 270X in my living room PC and whenever I wake the PC from sleep, something malfunctions with the driver and resets the monitor driver thus making me unable to watch Live TV through Windows Media Center. Resetting the PC fixes it, but I'm not interested in resetting my PC every day to watch TV. I'm about to switch it out for an nvidia card.

And yes, I've reinstalled the drivers.
#58JonWood007Posted 7/9/2014 9:18:46 AM
Yes. Although the same applies to nvidia, so...

Essentially, problems I've had on my HD 5850/6520g:

Crysis crash on the carrier level.

Poor performance after getting off of a driver several years ago.

Dishonored STILL won't run on my laptop.

RAGE was a real pain to get running.

On the other hand, Nvidia drivers for BF4 are awful.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768