This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

#21johnny_payPosted 7/2/2014 9:45:28 AM
i think this is actually a good thing. it would allow the world to be a lot bigger and more detailed.
#22arleasPosted 7/2/2014 9:46:39 AM
Mackorov posted...
No, my point being people always pushing the blame to EA are making it as if the devs doesnt have to take any responsibility for whatever their faults. And to just blame EA for every single one of their games, that's just an idiot's way of generalizing. Are you one of them?

Is EA to blame for everything? No... but you can't say EA is totally innocent either. Developers do what the publishers tell them to do. I'm sure if this were a great thing EA would step in and take credit for it, but if it's seen as bad, "let's distance ourselves from it... yeah, we totally had nothing to do with that. Devs will be devs (shrug)".

I'm sure Maxis has a lot of pressure on them to do things a certain way. I am sure they didn't just up and decide to try and make SimCity an online only game or a multiplayer only game without having some EA influence. Of course it's only speculation as to whether they would have done this on their own or not since Maxis has been owned by EA since 1997. It's entirely possible that they could have been that stupid on their own. It's more likely that EA helped though.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#23WinpusPosted 7/2/2014 10:42:11 AM
arleas posted...
Mackorov posted...
No, my point being people always pushing the blame to EA are making it as if the devs doesnt have to take any responsibility for whatever their faults. And to just blame EA for every single one of their games, that's just an idiot's way of generalizing. Are you one of them?

Is EA to blame for everything? No... but you can't say EA is totally innocent either. Developers do what the publishers tell them to do. I'm sure if this were a great thing EA would step in and take credit for it, but if it's seen as bad, "let's distance ourselves from it... yeah, we totally had nothing to do with that. Devs will be devs (shrug)".

I'm sure Maxis has a lot of pressure on them to do things a certain way. I am sure they didn't just up and decide to try and make SimCity an online only game or a multiplayer only game without having some EA influence. Of course it's only speculation as to whether they would have done this on their own or not since Maxis has been owned by EA since 1997. It's entirely possible that they could have been that stupid on their own. It's more likely that EA helped though.

From some recent research, Maxis does not develop The Sims anymore. The game is developed by The Sims Studio, under than EA Maxis name. Maxis is a separate entity from parent company EA, however, The Sims Studio is a division of EA. So it appears EA is to blame for this and anything else to do with The Sims, good or bad.
#24SpazH3dPosted 7/2/2014 10:59:25 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Sounds like it was done for consoles.

The more I look it up and think about it, that has to be it. Consoles are killing our PC games!!!!

Wait a sec, Sims 4 isn't coming to consoles.
---
- My vision is augmented
#25SinisterSlayPosted 7/2/2014 11:05:47 AM
SpazH3d posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

The more I look it up and think about it, that has to be it. Consoles are killing our PC games!!!!

What other reason can you think of for such a limitation?
Even a basic i3 system could process the game world in real time.
And RAM is basically not a concern anymore, you can use as much as you want.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26MarceloSampaioPosted 7/2/2014 11:08:07 AM
SpazH3d posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Awww, soo innocent.

Thats cute!! :3
---
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/
#27GoIrish80Posted 7/2/2014 11:08:38 AM
Another game regressing for the sake of not having to develop one version for PC and one for consoles.

You know there are a lot of games out there that I can understand why a company wouldn't want to fully utilize the power of a PC because let's face it, they just don't move enough copies to justify it. That's the way it is and I can live with that mentality, although there is still part of me that thinks "How do you know it wouldn't sell better if you made the game better?"

But The Sims sure as hell doesn't fall into that category. It's one of the most popular PC franchises of all time and is always a big seller. If they are going backwards for the sake of being able to make it an easier game to translate over to the consoles, that's a really annoying decision.

Now MAYBE that doesn't have anything to do with this, and they are doing it for the sake of making the game a little more stable/run better, because that sure as hell was a problem with The Sims 3, and that is coming from someone who has a PC plenty capable of running the game. But they have just never figured out how to properly get the base game cleanly running with the endless expansion packs that they tack on to it, and perhaps this is a (lazy?) attempt by them to help with some compatibility issues.

It's not a deal breaking decision for me, but it just gets a little depressing after a while to see so many developers release games on PC that aren't TRULY utilizing the platform. I know that money talks, but it would just be nice to see a little more effort put in as maybe that would help with the whole sales thing.

EA Sports stopped releasing Madden/NHL on PC because they allegedly did not sell enough units, yet they were releasing the PS2 version of Madden/NHL on PC like 3 years after the PS3/Xbox 360 versions were available. How do you know it wouldn't have sold better if actual effort was put into it?
#28SpazH3dPosted 7/2/2014 11:12:23 AM
Okay maybe it is coming to consoles after all, but would they really limit themselves to console hardware before announcing console versions? That's just.... vile.
---
- My vision is augmented
#29SinisterSlayPosted 7/2/2014 11:14:05 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Okay maybe it is coming to consoles after all, but would they really limit themselves to console hardware before announcing console versions? That's just.... vile.

of course they would
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#30HappyHippo04Posted 7/2/2014 11:15:23 AM
MadPinoRage posted...
I can't believe EA would disappoint its customers like this.

---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408