This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

#31GoIrish80Posted 7/2/2014 11:15:29 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Okay maybe it is coming to consoles after all, but would they really limit themselves to console hardware before announcing console versions? That's just.... vile.

A lot of people figured out Diablo III was coming to consoles long before it was announced.
#32Captain_DrekPosted 7/2/2014 11:17:00 AM
I didn't really like the open worldness of Sims 3, it made it hard to focus on your sims and there was no way of turning it off. I may be in the minority but I prefer the lot restrictions of Sims and Sims 2.
---
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244
#33happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 11:20:44 AM
Winpus posted...

From some recent research, Maxis does not develop The Sims anymore. The game is developed by The Sims Studio, under than EA Maxis name. Maxis is a separate entity from parent company EA, however, The Sims Studio is a division of EA. So it appears EA is to blame for this and anything else to do with The Sims, good or bad.

They do now, from my understanding. Sims 1 and 2 was Maxis. Sims 3 was Sims Studio. Sims 4 is Maxis again.
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
#34shmirlywhirlPosted 7/2/2014 11:34:40 AM
It's not open world so the thing doesn't run like ass.

Personally I don't mind the switch. Load screens never bothered me much.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#35MarceloSampaioPosted 7/2/2014 11:47:09 AM
shmirlywhirl posted...

The funny thing is that The Sims 2 used to run like ass on most people's computers when it was released, and had loading screens that could take more than a minute! :p
---
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/
#36shmirlywhirlPosted 7/2/2014 11:55:11 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...

The funny thing is that The Sims 2 used to run like ass on most people's computers when it was released, and had loading screens that could take more than a minute! :p

Granted, all the sims have run poorly. But in my experience Sims 3 would slow to a crawl more frequently.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#37Reverend_WilsonPosted 7/2/2014 12:02:03 PM
I loved the open world of sims 3, but if not having an open world improve proformance, then I don't mind at all.
---
Q Boned
#38NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/2/2014 12:14:05 PM(edited)
Captain_Drek posted...
I didn't really like the open worldness of Sims 3, it made it hard to focus on your sims and there was no way of turning it off. I may be in the minority but I prefer the lot restrictions of Sims and Sims 2.

This Sims 3 was hardly a progression and the "open-world" (The one open world I might add) was utter ass. If the system is reverting to a state where you can actually create the world, instead of playing in the worlds EA assigns you, then good riddance.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#39happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 12:14:42 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Captain_Drek posted...

This Sims 3 was hardly a progression and the "open-world" (The one open world I might add) was utter ass. If the system is reverting to a state where you can actually create the world, instead of playing in the worlds EA assigns you, then good riddance.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
#40InferiorPeasantPosted 7/2/2014 12:22:04 PM
You guys want to know what really pisses me off. My gf loves this game and I love that she plays games (no matter what it is) and EA just has to go a ruin it for her!

Rabble rabble rabble rabble!!!