This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF?!?! Sims 4 will not be open world?!

#51juzziebPosted 7/3/2014 1:01:10 AM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
So you're upset that a historically not open world series, isn't open world? lolwot

Why do you troll so hard?....Especially with inaccurate comments....

There have been 5 main Sims games including Online and Medieval, disregards consoles ports and what not. Only 2/5 of these have been open world, pretty accurate to me. :P

If you're counting online and Medieval then 3/5 were open world.
#52thefabregas22Posted 7/3/2014 3:28:22 AM
Good, sims 3 was a buggy pos because of the open world and how the game couldn't handle it, hopefully I'll be able to play the sims 4 without it locking up every 2 mins
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#53NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/3/2014 3:47:09 AM
juzzieb posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
So you're upset that a historically not open world series, isn't open world? lolwot

There have been 5 main Sims games including Online and Medieval, disregards consoles ports and what not. Only 2/5 of these have been open world, pretty accurate to me. :P

Medieval and 3 were the only open world games. 2/5...
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#54Jason_HudsonPosted 7/3/2014 4:59:08 AM
If it improves the performance of the Sims 4 (compared to the Sims 3), then I'm all for it.

They've just split it into districts.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#55happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 12:25:25 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
juzzieb posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

Medieval and 3 were the only open world games. 2/5...

There is only sims 1 -3. No one cares about the trash you are counting. That's like counting Mario Kart as a Mario series game.
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
#56NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/3/2014 3:40:04 PM(edited)
happyscrub1 posted...
There is only sims 1 -3. No one cares about the trash you are counting. That's like counting Mario Kart as a Mario series game.

Alright, only 1/3 was open world then. Still the majority are closed world, TimePharaoh's statement seems pretty on the ball to me.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#57pwnater777Posted 7/3/2014 3:45:14 PM
kill2this posted...
MadPinoRage posted...
I can't believe EA would disappoint its customers like this.

I know, I'm shocked too. EA and Ubisoft normally deliver.

Ubisoft sometimes does, but for me, EA's last successful delivery was Bad Company 2.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#58mdolla651Posted 7/3/2014 4:02:04 PM(edited)
From what I heard there are 3 worlds and each world has 5 large neighborhoods. So like districts. Think of The Sims 4 as The Sims 2. When your Sims go to school or work they leave the lot like they did in The Sims 2. Also The Sims 3 was developed by The Sims Studios and The Sims 4 is wait for it being developed by both The Sims Studio and Maxis you know them they did the 1st 2 Sims games. It's possible they are trying to get the game back to what it was BEFORE The Sims 3. Just an observation.
#59Lord_VaderPosted 7/3/2014 4:21:00 PM
Wait what does it mean by there being no open world? So each family won't age simultaneously and there will be loading screens to visit other lots like in Sims 1 and 2? Wtf? They are going backwards with the series it seems.
---
Live long and prosper.
#60happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:40:16 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Alright, only 1/3 was open world then. Still the majority are closed world, TimePharaoh's statement seems pretty on the ball to me.

Majority is nothing near Historically.
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/