This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#11AlavardPosted 7/2/2014 10:02:26 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
So progressive! So tolerant! Bravo Bioware!

Nothing says diversity like shoehorning gays into the game and making their entire personality and character center around their sexuality, like some sort of ridiculous cartoon character.

From the article:

-- "It added an interesting dimension to his back story, considering he comes from a place where "perfection" is the face that every mage puts on and anything that smacks of deviancy is shameful and meant to be hidden. Dorian's refusal to play along with that fašade is seen as stubborn and pointless by his family, which has contributed to his status as a pariah. --

Sounds like he's got a lot more background story than just 'hey, I'm gay'.
---
Too much idiot, not enough savant.
#12AxtlarPosted 7/2/2014 10:02:34 AM
Play jrpg's if it upsets you so much.
---
PM for 3DS code/Steam ID. http://tinyurl.com/kcqajde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
#13dementedlullabyPosted 7/2/2014 10:02:35 AM
Speaking about creating the character, writer David Gaider explained that while he is aware some may see the character controversial, his own sexuality meant creating Dorian was "a very personal experience".

Eh it sounds like the writer himself is gay. So it's not really pandering.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#14HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:03:18 AM
Renraku_San posted...
Oh look, another homophobe with their passive-aggressive anti-gay opinion.

No. Sorry. I can tolerate them just fine, I have cousins and family members who are ,but you know what? They don't traipse around wearing a big shirt saying "I'm gay, notice me, accept me!" because they don't let their sexuality define them.

Please, shut up.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#15ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/2/2014 10:03:35 AM
Alavard posted...
From the article:

-- "It added an interesting dimension to his back story, considering he comes from a place where "perfection" is the face that every mage puts on and anything that smacks of deviancy is shameful and meant to be hidden. Dorian's refusal to play along with that fašade is seen as stubborn and pointless by his family, which has contributed to his status as a pariah. --

They literally called being gay an "interesting dimension". As if gays aren't regular people, too.
#16KidInTheHallPosted 7/2/2014 10:03:56 AM
How will I know he's fully gay? Will there be a cut-scene of him butt-f***ing another dude?
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#17HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:04:05 AM
Arcade Ganon from New Vegas was an awesome character because he's an actual character with a real personality, detached from his sexuality. That's how you write a gay guy.

This.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#18AltmadragonPosted 7/2/2014 10:05:28 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Renraku_San posted...

No. Sorry. I can tolerate them just fine, I have cousins and family members who are ,but you know what? They don't traipse around wearing a big shirt saying "I'm gay, notice me, accept me!" because they don't let their sexuality define them.

Please, shut up.

*reads quote*

*reads reply*

hmmm....
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#19Renraku_SanPosted 7/2/2014 10:05:36 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Renraku_San posted...

Please, shut up.

Did you just tell someone on the Internet to "shut up"? Should I stop typing on my keyboard or something? *slowly backs away from desk*
---
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru
#20ThePCElitistPosted 7/2/2014 10:06:02 AM
Alavard posted...
So progressive! So tolerant! Bravo Bioware!

Nothing says diversity like shoehorning gays into the game and making their entire personality and character center around their sexuality, like some sort of ridiculous cartoon character.

From the article:

Better than in Mass Effect 3 how people would suddenly turn gay just because you did a series of romance options on them for 12 hours. lol if they wanted a gay character they would have made one that was gay and not "turned" into a gay character. Because it's not a lifestyle choice, it's how people are born.

Don't even get into the whole "But people experiment all the time with homosexuality!", that's not the same thing and is a curiosity phase or a desire to seek attention. You're either gay or not. If you like both then great for you.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU