This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#261ValedictorianXDPosted 7/2/2014 5:44:42 PM
Halo05 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Arcade Ganon from New Vegas was an awesome character because he's an actual character with a real personality, detached from his sexuality. That's how you write a gay guy.

Yup.

So many people are missing this point. Like, compare Arcade Ganon against all of the other gay characters in video games. He's arguably one of the best written and (important here) most believable characters to have existed in western rpgs...and he just so happens to be gay. Shocking, right?
---
Death Threats Received this year: 145; 732 lifetime.
Users Ignoring Me: 492 (approximately)
#262EpicKingdom_Posted 7/2/2014 5:46:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#263God_of_GorePosted 7/2/2014 5:49:23 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
God_of_Gore posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Be careful guys, go on, check my sig.

Oh, so that was you? I remember wanting to punch you for saying that.

Oh so you're just like them? The ones in my sig? Your views are only right yes? If not, resort to action and/or violence.

I never said any of that, at all. Stop putting words in my mouth you bigot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/suicidelraccoon?feature=mhee
http://www.bestna.net/files/3913/6790/4044/Draven.swf
#264rtkamb1770Posted 7/2/2014 5:49:53 PM
Calm down Epic. It doesn't help to get suspended again. fyi, not everybody is like them.
---
Officially boycotting EA until they stop only thinking about profits and start contributing good to the gaming community.
#265dearestnightPosted 7/2/2014 5:50:16 PM
1) Want gay characters to be treated regularly and not made special or blown out of proportion in some insulting way.

2) Complain about every openly gay character, preventing them from becoming commonplace enough to be perceived as regular, while drawing even more absurd attention to it as a "problem".

Page 397, article 4 of the gamer bible....yup, it's there. Well damn.
#266SaltyBotzPosted 7/2/2014 5:53:26 PM
You know, I wouldn't otherwise care about whether a character is gay or not, but if they're trying the "I'm gay, accept me now!" approach, then that is a way to turn someone who wouldn't otherwise care, like me, into a fierce critic.

I've know a few gay people and most of them look, and act like normal people, and aren't these drag queen circus freak shows some people associate with gay people. I'd say those people give the actual "decent" gay people a bad rep. And yes, I find it quite offensive to my eyes to see a big hairy man wearing a skirt, or a bikini. Why? Because I'm not gay, and I find big hairy men repulsive in skimpy outfits.
#267EpicKingdom_Posted 7/2/2014 5:53:34 PM
rtkamb1770 posted...
Calm down Epic. It doesn't help to get suspended again. fyi, not everybody is like them.

Me calm down? How about the guy who wants to punch me and call me names lol.
#268rtkamb1770Posted 7/2/2014 5:56:09 PM
yea, he needs to calm down too, but i don't know if i care if he gets suspended.
---
Officially boycotting EA until they stop only thinking about profits and start contributing good to the gaming community.
#269meteor9898Posted 7/2/2014 5:58:55 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
You know, I wouldn't otherwise care about whether a character is gay or not, but if they're trying the "I'm gay, accept me now!" approach, then that is a way to turn someone who wouldn't otherwise care, like me, into a fierce critic.

I've know a few gay people and most of them look, and act like normal people, and aren't these drag queen circus freak shows some people associate with gay people. I'd say those people give the actual "decent" gay people a bad rep. And yes, I find it quite offensive to my eyes to see a big hairy man wearing a skirt, or a bikini. Why? Because I'm not gay, and I find big hairy men repulsive in skimpy outfits.

Who are you even talking about? Are we still talking about Dorian? Because I swear you're all now hallucinating and imagining this character as some uber flamboyant drag queen who wields a boa as a weapon and sings show tunes even time he speaks. The posts in this topic are now verging on parody and everyone is coming out as a homophobe with zero provocation. The hell?

I've never seen so much crazy in one topic before.
#270ShindoKokoroPosted 7/2/2014 6:02:17 PM
Bioware is one of the most godawful advocates for social justice in the industry, which is why they go so well with EA. And I'm glad to be done with both of them.
---
3DS: 3411-0542-1206