This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#271InferiorPeasantPosted 7/2/2014 6:03:31 PM(edited)
rtkamb1770 posted...
yea, he needs to calm down too, but i don't know if i care if he gets suspended.

Well don't say you didn't try to help me lol ffs. Seriously, WHAT DID I DO?

http://i.imgur.com/BFEz2qR.png

Mod me all you want, I'm sick of this sites one sided B.S.
#272SwcloudPosted 7/2/2014 6:10:26 PM(edited)
meteor9898 posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
You know, I wouldn't otherwise care about whether a character is gay or not, but if they're trying the "I'm gay, accept me now!" approach, then that is a way to turn someone who wouldn't otherwise care, like me, into a fierce critic.

I've know a few gay people and most of them look, and act like normal people, and aren't these drag queen circus freak shows some people associate with gay people. I'd say those people give the actual "decent" gay people a bad rep. And yes, I find it quite offensive to my eyes to see a big hairy man wearing a skirt, or a bikini. Why? Because I'm not gay, and I find big hairy men repulsive in skimpy outfits.

Who are you even talking about? Are we still talking about Dorian? Because I swear you're all now hallucinating and imagining this character as some uber flamboyant drag queen who wields a boa as a weapon and sings show tunes even time he speaks. The posts in this topic are now verging on parody and everyone is coming out as a homophobe with zero provocation. The hell?

I've never seen so much crazy in one topic before.

I swear none of them even read his bio XD
Not to mention David Gaider himself (the guy writing Dorian) is gay.
But apparently, he can't write about what it's like to be gay...
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#273ShiangPosted 7/2/2014 6:10:25 PM
TheEntitledOne posted...
Shiang posted...
There's a difference between a gay character and a character who is gay.

No there isn't. That's a variation on saying the same thing. What is the difference between a blue shirt and a shirt that is blue?

Did you actually read the rest of my post?
---
There is no road of flowers leading to glory.
- Jean de la Fontaine
#274TalesOfGodPosted 7/2/2014 6:12:50 PM
InferiorPeasant posted...
rtkamb1770 posted...
yea, he needs to calm down too, but i don't know if i care if he gets suspended.

I have to agree.
This is just sick.

This site looks the other way when someone is being attacked or insulted for their cultural background or their religious or political views.

However, the very moment that someone says that they have something against lesbians or homosexuality, boom. You're modded.

The religion topic alone (there is one if you bother to check) is more than enough of a clear example of the double standards.

It's just sickening.
#275rtkamb1770Posted 7/2/2014 6:17:19 PM(edited)
And the actual offensive/flamming/trolling message (you know, about punching someone) is still up...
---
Officially boycotting EA until they stop only thinking about profits and start contributing good to the gaming community.
#276BlackWizardMagusPosted 7/2/2014 6:17:58 PM
It's Bioware; after Mass Effect 3, the writers could do ANYTHING and I wouldn't be shocked by it. I'm half expecting the new Mass Effect game to take us to the planet Zeist. Depth, subtlety, layering, themes, yeah, they lost the guys who know how to write that stuff, it's just pandering and shallow drama now. They tried to be deep and the result was Star Child, which was basically a personal insult to Aristotle.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#277HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 6:19:54 PM
TalesOfGod posted...
rtkamb1770 posted...

I have to agree.
This is just sick.

This site looks the other way when someone is being attacked or insulted for their cultural background or their religious or political views.

However, the very moment that someone says that they have something against lesbians or homosexuality, boom. You're modded.

The religion topic alone (there is one if you bother to check) is more than enough of a clear example of the double standards.

It's just sickening.

Bingo.

So Epic just got modded for what again? Saying he didn't agree with the homosexual life style? Sounds about right.

Who're the bigots now?
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#278meteor9898Posted 7/2/2014 6:20:16 PM
Swcloud posted...
meteor9898 posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
You know, I wouldn't otherwise care about whether a character is gay or not, but if they're trying the "I'm gay, accept me now!" approach, then that is a way to turn someone who wouldn't otherwise care, like me, into a fierce critic.

I've know a few gay people and most of them look, and act like normal people, and aren't these drag queen circus freak shows some people associate with gay people. I'd say those people give the actual "decent" gay people a bad rep. And yes, I find it quite offensive to my eyes to see a big hairy man wearing a skirt, or a bikini. Why? Because I'm not gay, and I find big hairy men repulsive in skimpy outfits.

Who are you even talking about? Are we still talking about Dorian? Because I swear you're all now hallucinating and imagining this character as some uber flamboyant drag queen who wields a boa as a weapon and sings show tunes even time he speaks. The posts in this topic are now verging on parody and everyone is coming out as a homophobe with zero provocation. The hell?

I've never seen so much crazy in one topic before.

I swear none of them even read his bio XD
Not to mention David Gaider himself (the guy writing Dorian) is gay.
But apparently, he can't write about what it's like to be gay...

Haven't you heard? It's only acceptable to be gay in media if no one ever has to ever hear about it. Because that's how culturally accepted "regular gays" are, closet cases living in fear of being judged if they give off even the barest whiff of being something different. You know, like regular, proper people.

This is all kind of hilarious at this point. That bio is basically nothing but an FYI and everyone is reacting like his loyalty mission is a sex change. Steal Flemeth's grimoire so Dorian can have that vagina he's always wanted.
#279meteor9898Posted 7/2/2014 6:23:56 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
rtkamb1770 posted...

I have to agree.
This is just sick.

It's just sickening.

Bingo.

So Epic just got modded for what again? Saying he didn't agree with the homosexual life style? Sounds about right.

Who're the bigots now?

The mods. This does absolutely nothing for your case though, as YOU started a topic attacking David Gaider for daring to write a character personal to him. So yeah, still you.
#280TalesOfGodPosted 7/2/2014 6:24:09 PM
Anyways, this shouldn't be getting anymore publicity than it already has.

Remember the Nintendo Tomodachi controversy?
The LGBT community went ape **** because they felt like they were being represented even though it was already clearly mentioned that there were many other cultural, racial, religious, etc. minorities weren't included (yet, no one cared on their side!).

Another example?
The Fire Emblem series where it seemed like the world was ending because you couldn't marry a male if you were a male for a series that had been going on for more than 20 years. There was tons of requests for them to change it or the game would be trash otherwise. Despite that, no one gave a flying **** on how there was only 2 black people in the game in a cast of 40 and that there were no other racial or cultural inclusions.

Let's not even talk about that incident where they tried to get it in Pokémon X and Y on mentioning that pokemon should mate with other pokemon and to include homosexual romance in a game that doesn't even feature romance.

The constant annoyance that keeps popping up every so often on this site on "why this game doesn't have LGBT" is nothing more than a testament that the entire LGBT community on this site are simply insecure of their own preferences to the point that they feel that they must shove their own values on other people.

It's a bloody disgrace and the mods that keep modding or banning the people who call them out on this crap isn't helping.

No one would care if you weren't trying to force your values down other people's throats every week or so on the front page.