This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#281HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 6:26:12 PM
meteor9898 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
InferiorPeasant posted...
rtkamb1770 posted...
yea, he needs to calm down too, but i don't know if i care if he gets suspended.

Well don't say you didn't try to help me lol ffs. Seriously, WHAT DID I DO?

http://i.imgur.com/BFEz2qR.png

Mod me all you want, I'm sick of this sites one sided B.S.

I have to agree.
This is just sick.

This site looks the other way when someone is being attacked or insulted for their cultural background or their religious or political views.

However, the very moment that someone says that they have something against lesbians or homosexuality, boom. You're modded.

The religion topic alone (there is one if you bother to check) is more than enough of a clear example of the double standards.

It's just sickening.

Bingo.

So Epic just got modded for what again? Saying he didn't agree with the homosexual life style? Sounds about right.

Who're the bigots now?

The mods. This does absolutely nothing for your case though, as YOU started a topic attacking David Gaider for daring to write a character personal to him. So yeah, still you.

Was it really an attack? It was more of an observation that I happen to dislike. Its called Pandering, look it up.

You're one of the angriest people in this entire thread, you're almost hypocritical with your demeanor. Also, you assumed that I likened Gay people to animal lovers. Well done!
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#282Red04Posted 7/2/2014 6:28:25 PM
Straight or gay, I don't care, as long as developers keep it reasonably neutral for the sake of the storyline to keep it believable, because there are probably larger things at stake (dragons/evil forces) than the importance of sexual status.

As for Bioware, this is merely a marketing campaign to increase future sales and improve reputation after "choose color of explosion"
---
''You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it'' - Sovereign
#283DuranMan1Posted 7/2/2014 6:28:55 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
I predict this topic will reach 283 posts.

probably higher than that
---
PSN: DuranMan1 - NNID: Duranman - 3DS FC: 4983-6166-9895
Now Playing: Pikmin 3, Pokemon Y, Ni no Kuni
#284meteor9898Posted 7/2/2014 6:33:38 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Was it really an attack? It was more of an observation that I happen to dislike. Its called Pandering, look it up.

You're one of the angriest people in this entire thread, you're almost hypocritical with your demeanor. Also, you assumed that I likened Gay people to animal lovers. Well done!

Your definition of "pandering" is ludicrous. I thought that was clear on my end. There's absolutely nothing Bioware could have done with the inclusion of gay characters that you wouldn't take issue with, despite a history of including gay characters.

And yeah, shame on me for "assuming" something you said yourself. I'm so awful for reading things!
#285Payne318Posted 7/2/2014 6:37:10 PM
Well, I am going to be trying on this one, now lets see. For those who think it is pandering (which is to give gratification to the gay community) maybe, agenda lol ummm no. If I have known anything about writers, is that most try to write from their own perspectives or experience, in this case a gay man writing about a gay man, oh my! What is odd, is that while most on here fear Political Correctness is being used, its not. How in anyway is this game being censored (censoring can include being forced to add something THAT WAS NOT INTENDED) by adding this character that the writer clearly wanted? Its not.

As someone who leans libertarian and who is gay, I always find it odd when someone screams witch (PC) when that is not what is being done. What is being is done, is something that is making you uncomfortable, in which case I feel sorry for you. What I will say is this, I grew up very fortunate that all my friends and family accepted me for who i am, but I am one of the lucky ones. however their was times when (before I came out) I felt very alone and scared.I know at some point there will be someone who like me at that point will pick up this game and probably for a little while not feel so alone in the world and know that someone, somewhere knows and understands.

An to end off I am not going to be one of those a**holes that says you don't understand. In Fact I would think most in this community would understand, how it feels to be rejected. Which is why I find this all the more puzzling. Art forms push boundaries, but then again I guess we could always go back to the way it was.
#286InferiorPeasantPosted 7/2/2014 6:45:13 PM
meteor9898 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
InferiorPeasant posted...
rtkamb1770 posted...
yea, he needs to calm down too, but i don't know if i care if he gets suspended.

Well don't say you didn't try to help me lol ffs. Seriously, WHAT DID I DO?

http://i.imgur.com/BFEz2qR.png

Mod me all you want, I'm sick of this sites one sided B.S.

I have to agree.
This is just sick.

This site looks the other way when someone is being attacked or insulted for their cultural background or their religious or political views.

However, the very moment that someone says that they have something against lesbians or homosexuality, boom. You're modded.

The religion topic alone (there is one if you bother to check) is more than enough of a clear example of the double standards.

It's just sickening.

Bingo.

So Epic just got modded for what again? Saying he didn't agree with the homosexual life style? Sounds about right.

Who're the bigots now?

The mods.

It's really annoying tbh.

They act as if I just went on a rampage trying to convince everyone that "gay is wrong" in both modded pictures. Which I clearly didn't.
#287Damiand77Posted 7/2/2014 6:45:45 PM
Arcade Ganon from New Vegas was an awesome character because he's an actual character with a real personality, detached from his sexuality. That's how you write a gay guy.

You guys liked Arcade?
I thought he was boring as hell.
If he'd been a flamer like Sergio, he'd at least be entertaining.
#288ChronoAcePosted 7/2/2014 6:49:09 PM
How can anyone possibly be surprised by this? Its Bioware.
#289SwcloudPosted 7/2/2014 6:58:20 PM
Payne318 posted...
An to end off I am not going to be one of those a**holes that says you don't understand. In Fact I would think most in this community would understand, how it feels to be rejected. Which is why I find this all the more puzzling. Art forms push boundaries, but then again I guess we could always go back to the way it was.

Amen to that.
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#290AmirygonPosted 7/2/2014 7:04:13 PM(edited)
Well that's good for BioWare and all (maybe), but too bad we are looking at a token-gay character based on the character's very own designer's words for him. However, I wasn't aware anyone held a gun to his head to stop him from doing so before.

TalesOfGod posted...
Anyways, this shouldn't be getting anymore publicity than it already has.

Remember the Nintendo Tomodachi controversy?
The LGBT community went ape **** because they felt like they were being represented even though it was already clearly mentioned that there were many other cultural, racial, religious, etc. minorities weren't included (yet, no one cared on their side!).

Another example?
The Fire Emblem series where it seemed like the world was ending because you couldn't marry a male if you were a male for a series that had been going on for more than 20 years. There was tons of requests for them to change it or the game would be trash otherwise. Despite that, no one gave a flying **** on how there was only 2 black people in the game in a cast of 40 and that there were no other racial or cultural inclusions.

Let's not even talk about that incident where they tried to get it in Pokémon X and Y on mentioning that pokemon should mate with other pokemon and to include homosexual romance in a game that doesn't even feature romance.

The constant annoyance that keeps popping up every so often on this site on "why this game doesn't have LGBT" is nothing more than a testament that the entire LGBT community on this site are simply insecure of their own preferences to the point that they feel that they must shove their own values on other people.

It's a bloody disgrace and the mods that keep modding or banning the people who call them out on this crap isn't helping.

No one would care if you weren't trying to force your values down other people's throats every week or so on the front page.

It's hardly just on Gamefaqs, but worldwide. If the LGBT community were truly interested in being accepted or tolerated, they wouldn't be supportive of progressive policies that will return and bite them in the ass with venomous fangs and instead would support the libertarian philosophy. (Likewise true of the Feminist movement and anyone else that claims to support equality.)
---
It is the fact you are offended, quite frankly, that offends me.