This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#291meteor9898Posted 7/2/2014 7:05:18 PM
Payne318 posted...
I know at some point there will be someone who like me at that point will pick up this game and probably for a little while not feel so alone in the world and know that someone, somewhere knows and understands.

My sentiments exactly. Just as TC is free to spew his filth, the writers should write the characters they want to write if it obviously means something to them. While people like TC annoy me, I'm also irritated by the White Knights who pretend to take offense with how "this isn't how you present "real" gay people!". Please, shut up. You'll never speak for me. Most of the people crying about how Bioware is pandering to gay people aren't even gay at all, so are just shouting out of their ass. I'm happy that there will be a character for me (and many others like me) to relate with, and that's the end of that.

It boggles me how there can be such an uproar over something so harmless, something you wouldn't even have to see unless you're actively looking for it (romancing him). The only time being gay is "accepted" is when topics like this disappear forever.
#292TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 7/2/2014 7:08:38 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
It's not homophobic or anti-gay to be a staunch opponent of affirmative action or political correctness.

In this brave new world, it is.

I was born in '89. Growing up I never had to worry about opening up my mouth the wrong way for fear that I might say something that might offend someone. In the lasy couple of years, it seems like it just magically happened over night where suddenly the world turned so liberally extremist that you literally have to think about what you say before you say it.

I agree with this. Even comedians can't even make gay jokes or they might get their jobs taken from them. What the hell happened to freedom of speech?
---
I love the Final Fantasy games.
I despise the fanbase. -___-
#293odcrl001Posted 7/2/2014 7:11:01 PM
Yeah well, they are getting paid and benefits for doing so....talk about selling their soul (as if they ever had one)
---
You think your're being funny?
...Pink bunny!
#294God_of_GorePosted 7/2/2014 7:12:32 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
It's not homophobic or anti-gay to be a staunch opponent of affirmative action or political correctness.

In this brave new world, it is.

I was born in '89. Growing up I never had to worry about opening up my mouth the wrong way for fear that I might say something that might offend someone. In the lasy couple of years, it seems like it just magically happened over night where suddenly the world turned so liberally extremist that you literally have to think about what you say before you say it.

I agree with this. Even comedians can't even make gay jokes or they might get their jobs taken from them. What the hell happened to freedom of speech?

Nothing happened to your "freedom of speech" you can say whatever you want but understand that public forums like Gamefaqs are aloud to dictate what can and cannot be said on their sites. You are not the only person using this site, people from all over the world use this site and this means that they all have diverse beliefs and values. That being said, its the 21st century gay people exist and should therefore be able to have some kind of representation in games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/suicidelraccoon?feature=mhee
http://www.bestna.net/files/3913/6790/4044/Draven.swf
#295GearsAndFleshPosted 7/2/2014 7:15:39 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
What the hell happened to freedom of speech?

freedom of speech has never meant "freedom from repercussions after saying something stupid"
#296CaliberChampPosted 7/2/2014 7:38:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#297PR_FiascoPosted 7/2/2014 7:43:44 PM
Jimmies have been rustled.
---
TBWNN
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
#298AshrickyPosted 7/2/2014 7:45:59 PM
This thread again. Ugh.

Honestly, compared to this topic, I think a more distressing concern for the LGBT community is that the character himself isn't all that attractive. Reminds me of Freddie Mercury. A lot of lost potential if they were just gonna model the character after a celeb. I'm sure many would agree, lol.
---
The grass is greener where you water it.
#299Payne318Posted 7/2/2014 7:51:22 PM(edited)
CaliberChamp posted...
Ask yourself this... Is it okay to have sexual relations with you're mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandpa, grandma etc.
Now ask yourself, do you think its right for a son to marry his mother if the dad died or is not around anymore?

Being gay is just as bad as incest is. For me, its as disgusting as incest. The pieces don't fit the puzzle. It also taints the marriage bond, that was specifically there for creating a family. When you allow it, you get young children confused. Where are the incest pride parades at? What is so prideful about being gay when its just as bad as incest?
It sounds harsh but in another few more years the media and culture can start promoting incest, would you be ok with that? I hope I'm getting my point across here. If not, you're a lost cause and I'm not judging, I'm just trying to open some people's closed minds from what culture and media are saying "its normal to be gay." Is it normal to be in an incestral relationship? Hell no.

oh my, lol your one of those guys (or gals) huh? Well let me put it like this, in no way shape or form, does gay marriage or gay people hurt your relationships. Incest, while many agree is disgusting has always been looked upon as a taboo thing and this point it still is today. However, incest can also lead to the increase of a child that is born with handicaps. How in any way shape or form can a homosexual relationship cause this to occur? oh wait! it can't! nice try though. As for children seeing its normal, yeah, lol, well better get used to it cause that rainbow wave is coming and there IS NO TURNING BACK! lol you guys are so silly ;) that one is for you.
---
"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos"-Stephen Sondheim
#300DanahellPosted 7/2/2014 7:51:41 PM
Again this this, we should all just become bisexual and get laid with anyone we want (as long as the other person wants it too of course, hehehe)
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water