This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#391HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:03:45 AM
It's almost as if the human sexes of male and female were designed to be attracted to one another. We need to get some science up in here to determine why they are kissing, getting married and holding hands. This is obviously flaunting.

There's a difference between flaunting, and human nature.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#392merqabahPosted 7/3/2014 11:10:00 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
It's almost as if the human sexes of male and female were designed to be attracted to one another. We need to get some science up in here to determine why they are kissing, getting married and holding hands. This is obviously flaunting.

funny, because the same explanation as to why they kiss and hold hands and have sex applies to both heterosexual and gays, in both cases the answer is sexual attraction, not that hard to figure out.
---
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have
#393AskeladdPosted 7/3/2014 11:10:29 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

The libido is part of human nature. Gay sex occurs quite frequently in nature among many animal species. All you have done is frame an argument that there is no distinction between "flaunting" gay behavior and human nature.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#394ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/3/2014 11:12:22 AM
I don't think developers or any artists should be forced to cater to any group. Race and gender are only the first layer the actual character themselves is what matters.

Example, Franklin from GTA V. We have the same race and gender but past that there was really nothing more about his character I actually liked. But GTA V is a highly acclaimed game. Now take Sazh from Final Fantasy 13, I could relate to him. He was the moral compass of his group. And when everyone else wanted to give up he was one of the few people who kept it together. But Final Fantasy 13 is considered a bad game. Which it kind of is but the point I'm trying to make is race and gender don't make your character unique.

Lee from The Walking Dead was another great character. But that is because he was well written. Lara Croft, Samus, and Jade are all good characters but that is because of how they are written and the quality of their games not to just seem politically correct.

Lastly, I'm a writer and enjoy writing stories. I'm open to suggestions but in the end I will write my story however I want. It is unfair to the creator to have their vision and work of art changed into something they didn't originally want just to appeal to someone else.

I'm all for video games being more inclusive but it has to be because the creators wanted to make their game that way. I personally do not look to video games as representation. When I play, I'm playing to relax and enjoy a story from someone else's perspective. And if the game is good I am able to relate to any character regardless of their race, gender, etc.
---
Valar morghulis
#395AskeladdPosted 7/3/2014 11:15:40 AM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
I'm all for video games being more inclusive but it has to be because the creators wanted to make their game that way.

I am pretty sure nobody made David Gaider include a gay character. That Bioware seemed to handle the issue in a clumsy, ham-fisted way is unfortunate, but another issue. I doubt this was something forced on them.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#396JaybirdXPosted 7/3/2014 11:22:34 AM
merqabah posted...
matu90rk posted...
JuliafanAM posted...
merqabah posted...
All this homophobic keywords: Shoving down our throats(faces), advertising their lifestyle......

its disgusting, especially those that say they have no problem with gays, but they should be on a dont ask dont tell policy.

That's kind of the feeling I get too. I mean, it's okay to be gay but never mention it or have it be anywhere near equal to the representation heterosexuals get...? How is that equality?

Because heterosexual people don't go around flaunting their sexuality like it's some life-defining aspect all the time. Also, you can't force people into acceptance like Cultural Marxists want you to believe. It needs to come from within.

no? you dont watch much tv then, do you? or get out much?, because i see all this wedding announcements, and who is going out with who, and couples making out in public, kissing in public etc etc, if that isnt flaunting sexuality, dont know what that is. and did you learn the term cultural marxist in fox news, becasuese you are using it wrong

I am getting the idea is that heterosexual people holding hands, kissing and what not doesn't because reasons but if they see one gay couple walk down the street holding had its "political correctness gone wrong" and THE PANDA RING NEED TO STOP, and some other world ending mental fart.

I mean by the LoGiK these guys are spouting technically homosexual have more of a right to complain. lol
---
3DS FC 5257-8859-8358
#397HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:24:05 AM
JaybirdX posted...
I am getting the idea is that heterosexual people holding hands, kissing and what not doesn't because reasons but if they see one gay couple walk down the street holding had its "political correctness gone wrong" and THE PANDA RING NEED TO STOP, and some other world ending mental fart.

What the **** did i just read?
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#398JaybirdXPosted 7/3/2014 11:27:00 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
JaybirdX posted...

I had the same reaction to the stuff you posted.
---
3DS FC 5257-8859-8358
#399ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/3/2014 11:28:32 AM
Askeladd posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
I'm all for video games being more inclusive but it has to be because the creators wanted to make their game that way.

I am pretty sure nobody made David Gaider include a gay character. That Bioware seemed to handle the issue in a clumsy, ham-fisted way is unfortunate, but another issue. I doubt this was something forced on them.

And I'm sure. But my post was regarding all video games. We're getting to that point to where if a game doesn't have a minority as a lead or main character then the devs just get a **** storm coming to them. IF a developer wanted to make a game of all black, white, asian, hispanic, gay or whatever characters then we as gamers have to either accept it or buy the game. If a person chose not to buy a game based on a character's race, gender, etc rather than having fun and enjoying the game then that says more about them than the developers.
---
Valar morghulis
#400HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 11:30:15 AM
JaybirdX posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
JaybirdX posted...

I had the same reaction to the stuff you posted.

Ok. Thanks for your contribution of nothing.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way