This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioware pandering to the LGBT community again

#41BannedMomPosted 7/2/2014 10:23:18 AM
BannedMom posted...
There's a world of difference between a gay character and a character who is gay.

THE ****??

---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
#42SedatedPosted 7/2/2014 10:29:03 AM
God_of_Gore posted...
Whatever his mustache is fabulous and for that reason alone I look forward to using him.

Fixed
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#43God_of_GorePosted 7/2/2014 10:30:24 AM
Sedated posted...
God_of_Gore posted...
Whatever his mustache is fabulous and for that reason alone I look forward to using him.

Fixed

Also true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/suicidelraccoon?feature=mhee
http://www.bestna.net/files/3913/6790/4044/Draven.swf
#44TehPwnzererPosted 7/2/2014 10:32:59 AM
Clashtonn posted...
It's not like they're pandering or targeting the game. It's just a designer who was happy he got to make a real homosexual character as he's gay himself and feels like he's helping make progress.

That's exactly what it's like. Affirmative action and being progressive, are not the same thing. The fact that this is even a story used to lure in the LGBT crowd just ruins the integrity of the game. It would have been much more classy if they just included a gay character and didn't make a deal about it in much the same way that they make hetero characters and don't make a deal about it. Isn't that what equality is supposed to be in the first place? How are homosexuals going to be treated the same as heteros when every time they appear on screen we're supposed to get excited like Bioware just saved a life? It's ridiculous.
#45HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:34:12 AM
IGN Moderators systematically deleting almost all opposing viewpoints in the comment thread.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#46Bane_Of_DespairPosted 7/2/2014 10:34:49 AM
Not surprised that people are flipping out over the reveal of a character being gay.

And no, just because you think "I'm not flipping out because he's gay, I'm flipping out because they're pushing it down our throats!" doesn't make you any better. We know next to nothing about how the character will play out and how the story will handle it, whether it's just simply a facet that adds to him or something that plays an important part in the game, and yet people wanna freak out saying it's wrong for them to announce it. Jesus Christ.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
raytan, CBIX Guru God
#47ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/2/2014 10:34:56 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
IGN Moderators systematically deleting almost all opposing viewpoints in the comment thread.

Liberals are so tolerant.
#48AlavardPosted 7/2/2014 10:35:12 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
Clashtonn posted...
It's not like they're pandering or targeting the game. It's just a designer who was happy he got to make a real homosexual character as he's gay himself and feels like he's helping make progress.

That's exactly what it's like. Affirmative action and being progressive, are not the same thing. The fact that this is even a story used to lure in the LGBT crowd just ruins the integrity of the game. It would have been much more classy if they just included a gay character and didn't make a deal about it in much the same way that they make hetero characters and don't make a deal about it. Isn't that what equality is supposed to be in the first place? How are homosexuals going to be treated the same as heteros when every time they appear on screen we're supposed to get excited like Bioware just saved a life? It's ridiculous.

Did you miss the part where the guy being interviewed, the writer who created the character, is gay himself? He describes it as being a 'personal experience'. That's not pandering.
---
Too much idiot, not enough savant.
#49ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/2/2014 10:36:08 AM
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
We know next to nothing about how the character will play out and how the story will handle it, whether it's just simply a facet that adds to him or something that plays an important part in the game

And yet, that's the first thing they push.

And lol at the idea that being gay will actually be important in the game. That's just stupid.
#50ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/2/2014 10:36:29 AM
Alavard posted...
Did you miss the part where the guy being interviewed, the writer who created the character, is gay himself? He describes it as being a 'personal experience'. That's not pandering.

Not pandering doesn't make it good writing.